December 23, 2006 ~ Port Everglades new world record

Bequia

On Dec. 23, port officials expect an estimated 46,000 passengers to pass through its terminals.

''That will be a new world record held by Port Everglades,'' Port Director Phillip Allen said. Port Everglades holds the existing record, too. In 2003, 44,000 passengers cleared their terminals in one day.

Port Everglades sends 1,900 cruises out to sea each year, working with 15 cruise lines and 41 vessels

It's enough to make Port Everglades second worldwide in the number of multi-day and single-day cruises. The Port of Miami ranks No. 1 in multi-day cruises, and Port Canaveral holds the top spot for single-day cruises.

Port officials estimate that 3.2 million passengers sailed from the facility last year, with the number expected to climb to 3.6 million this year.

Source - Miami Herald 11/25/06

We cruise on that date on the Volendam...and all those others will just be right there with me. I am excited about being apart of the record books. Think I will keep that little fact from DD.

Linda

Hi Everyone

My husband and I will also be there. We fly into Miami on the 21st for a 2 night precruise stay to our cruise on the Queen Mary 2; hopefully missing the busiest time at the airports. Anyway I will be way to excited to let any crowds or waiting time bother me.

Shellie x

We also will be there on the 23rd taking the Carnival Glory. Myself, DW and another couple. First time away to the south at Christmas, first time on Carnival and first time traveling with our friends. Looking so forward to this trip. We leave after work on the 20th to drive down and meet our friends in Orlando on the 22nd after they land. Hope you all have a safe and fabulous cruise.

We'll arrive in FLL on Dec. 2nd in the evening and then have a land based vacation post cruise. Now I'm glad we have the land based vacation as our flight home will leave long before the crush of cruise passengers desends upon the airport. For that matter, we should be in our seats and out on the runway before most cruise passengers have even gone to breakfast yet.

Archived