KOS Tours

nobbync

Hello everyone,

Anyone have experice with KOS Tours here and take one of their tours? I saw in the other thread someone posted on the Princess board they used them. After I saw this thread I thought it would be a pretty good tour so I sent him an email. To my surprise Ed Kos called me a few minutes after my email and we talked for about 15 minutes. Seems to be what I am looking for so I booked a private tour with him but I'd love to hear anyone that had first had experience with his tour.

My cruise isn't till Oct 11, 2007 on the MS Zaandam but we have it set where he'll pick us up at 7 am and he'll give us the circle island tour and his off road movie set tour with our option to do what we please as we go along. Certain things I don't care to see like the Dole Pinapple stop and a few more and some things I'd like to see more of so he said we can do what we want to. Sounded like the tour for me.

FYI, there is no deposit and you can cancel antime up to 48 hours before. You just need to give him a credit card to reserve the day or tour.

Nobby

nobbync:

I am the one who posted the original recommendation for Kos Tours on the Princess Board. In preparation for our Feb.'05 IP cruise I found his name on the CC board and internet and contacted him. He was very prompt at answering, as he was for you. Another couple from our cruise joined us for the day with Ed. As I stated on my original posting, we could not have been more satisfied with the "made to order" tour or with Ed as our guide for the day. We covered so much of Oahu. We chose not to stop at the Pearl Harbor Memorial due to long lines and waiting time. Instead we were able to cover more of the island. We're glad to see Kos Tours continues to be in business.

Reteach

nobbync:

I am the one who posted the original recommendation for Kos Tours on the Princess Board. In preparation for our Feb.'05 IP cruise I found his name on the CC board and internet and contacted him. He was very prompt at answering, as he was for you. Another couple from our cruise joined us for the day with Ed. As I stated on my original posting, we could not have been more satisfied with the "made to order" tour or with Ed as our guide for the day. We covered so much of Oahu. We chose not to stop at the Pearl Harbor Memorial due to long lines and waiting time. Instead we were able to cover more of the island. We're glad to see Kos Tours continues to be in business.

Reteach

Hi Reteach,

Thanks for posting about this tour. I was really leaning towards Carey Limo Circle Island tour but then I saw your post about KOS. I did some homework and it seemed he was the right person for us. I was very pleasantly surprised that he got back so soon and even called. I can't wait!

Did you book him for one of his tours or the private charter? It sounds like the private since you said "made to order". We have him for the 12 hours and he said we can do as we please so it sounds like it's exactly what we want. He's going to combine the Hollywood off road adventure with the circle island and we decide what and where we want to stop. Did you do any of the off road movie sites? I am a big movie and TV fan and it sounds like a great add on.

We are not even going to try for the Arizona Memorial either on the day we have with Ed. The Zaandam will be in Honolulu for 2 days anyway so we told him we don't want to do anything around Pearl Harbor or Waikiki because we can do all that on our first day. The second day is where we have him.

For anyone thinking about using him for a private tour the prices are not bad. He can take 4 people for $600 so it is $150 each for 12 hours of exploring what you want to do. I feel that is a great deal and he will pick you up and drop you off at the ship. He doesn't want any deposit, just a credit card # to reserve your day and you can cancel with no penalty up to 48 hours in advance.

It should be fun and thanks so much for the recommendation.

Nobby

• 9 months later...

Details please!! I am very interested in the private tour. I've never been to Hawaii so want to see as much as possible. Do they pack any water or anything, do we bring our own?? We only have one full day in Oahu and depart the second day at 2pm so I am really going to be limited on time. I figure this would be the best way to go! Also if you have any suggestions on what I should see, please let me know. I am all ears! Thank you.

We are taking a tour of the Island precruise with ABC Limo service. It costs 290 (we got a 5percent disc. paying in cash)inc. tax for the day plus additional tip for the driver. He gives 6 to 6 1/2 hours of touring where you want to go and you stay as long as you like, of course, making sure you get back to wherever you want to get dropped off in 6 hrs. He'll be picking us up at the hotel and dropping us off at the pier for our cruise. Refreshments are provided in the limo. We are only 2 people, but if you are more, they have a bigger limo for I think 20 dollars more. With NCL the tour of the island is about 100 each (inc. tax) but not tip. So,for just a little more, we get to go where we want and we won't just be "driving" by, unless that it was what we want.

We will be using them on Sept. 29th, so I can let everyone know how this worked out.

We heard about them from this boards and people seemed to like them.

Also, they start the tour anytime you want.

Hi to all,

Based on these boards, I also e-mailed Ed Kos. As stated above, he responded promptly. We were able to set up a "Lost" tour. It is approx. 6 hours. He will pick us up at the ship and we will see some of the movie sites and the "Lost" sites. It will be a 6-passenger HUMMER. Ed mentioned that they will be providing bottled water and snacks.

We are going on the Carnival Spirit - Vancouver to Hawaii - on 9/19/07. I'll do a review when I return.

Thanks to all CC members who have helped me SO much with this trip of a lifetime!

Hello Everyone,

We have Ed Kos booked for October 19th for up to 12 hours. He will pick us up at the pier at 7am and we can go anywhere we want. In the past year I have been able to find places we want to see plus all the places he knows. I am really looking forward to it and I will post a detailed trip report on this tour for those interested. Ours is a private charter with movie/TV tour add on so it's basically Circle Hawaii and Movie tour rolled into a private charter.

I sent him an email back when I first posted this and he called me and we talked for awhile and he gave me a former military special. Lets just say for the 4 of us it's cheaper for 12 hours then it is to take the 8 hour ships Circle Hawaii tour.

As I said I will have a good review with photos, maybe even while I am sailing back to San Diego with all that relaxing time.....

Nobby

Archived