9th deck on the mellenium

Bojangles

We will have a cabin on the 9th deck on M. It is close to the middle of the ship 9068. I know the ninth deck has a large overhang but I was wondering about noise from above. Has anyone been in a similar cabin. It is a cc cabin. Thank you for any information you may have. Donna

Have sailed ML several times but never on deck 9..usually a lower deck.

The overhang cuts out sun to your balcony midships. Travelled on a tender last week while on ML with a guy who was complaining about how he had to put up with dreadful noise in his midship deck 9 cabin..he said they rolled the metal trolleys with dishes around right over their cabin ..possibly for the ondeck grill????? early morning when setting up I presume, and after 6 days was threatening to sleep in one of the lobbies with his blankets and pillow if X didn't find him an alternative cabin. Apparently they did, but he was still very angry and also mentioned the scraping noise of the sun beds being adjusted over head as well.

We have traveled twice on deck 9. Once we were in the same area you have chosen. We enjoyed deck 9 as it was close to the Lido, very convenient. A little noise from above but nothing to dwell on. The overhang everyone talks about did not bother us at all. We prefer deck 6 with one of the 4 prime CC cabins; however, if they were not available we would have no problem with booking deck 9. Enjoy your cruise and don't analyze too much. We tend to do that on these boards---sometimes too much info.

I had one of those primo Deck 6 CC cabins, but last minute Celebrity told us it was damaged by a fire on the previous sailing (bogus lie, but that's a whole other matter). Anyway, they switched us to Deck 9 CC cabin; turns out we really liked the location. And that overhang people complain about was not a problem at all. We actually liked that it provided a great deal of shelter from wind and when it rained, nothing on the deck got wet. I would actually request Deck 9 again if one of those 4 coveted CC cabins on Deck 6 weren't available.

Archived