Has anyone been on the Carnival Valor?

cruiseobsessed

We are thinking about taking a 7 night cruise on the Valor. Has anyone been on that ship and can give reviews or tips?

cruiseobsessed

Hi there I am a former crew member just recently off the Valor. Can I answer any questions about her?

Is the lighting for the shows on the Valor any better than the others? I've seen some pretty awful stuff. :eek: :eek:

(and some that wasn't too bad...)

Hay 2Ports,

I only have 2 other shows to go off of, and in my opinion yes. The Valor has Far From Over a first, of its kind for Carnival. It was put on the Valor first and is currently on the Sensation as well I believe. Far From Over is really a 80's rock show review and I think some of the best work Preston Archer, the Lighting Designer for Carnival, has done. The show is in your face, high energy and I believe Preston stayed with that and enhanced the show.

Does that help? any other questions?

Is the lighting for the shows on the Valor any better than the others? I've seen some pretty awful stuff. :eek: :eek:

(and some that wasn't too bad...)

The shows are very good, sound, lights, dancers all are great. The ship in general is very clean and crew members are great.

If you are into art, try the actions. We won a 500.00 print. cost to ship home 35.00. not bad at all.

great mix of people.

Itty

I was on her in February-the ship is beautiful! I thought it would be kind of gaudy, but it's not-even the pink dining room! Loved the Americana theme in the atrium. And for so many passengers, it never felt crowded to me.

I thought the 80's review was great, as well as the other stage shows. Some of the comedians were great, some were so-so-that happens no matter where you go, though. All a matter of taste. Definitely hit the piano bar if you like a fun crowd-go early if Ron Pass is playing!!:D (Social!)

I thought the exotic western itinerary was fantastic-would do it again in a heartbeat. A good mix of developed and less developed ports. Loved Roatan. I'm afraid it will be much changed by the time I get back there. Go now if you want a less commercialized stop! There's signs of big development. Costa Maya, too. We missed that one because of weather, but hope to make it this February.

We were on the Valor in March of '05 and love her. Though the Fantasy class ships are my favorite because of less people and smaller lines, the Valor was beautiful, had great service and food!

You should have a great time. There are some photos in my link below!

I am booked for the Christmas cruise. Does the Valor do anything special for the holiday? I am traveling with children:)

I got off of the Valor on Christmas day last year. The ship had some nice Christmas decorations, and on the last sea day (Christmas Eve) there was a special holiday show that had the cruise director reading Christmas stories and singing with the Camp Carnival kids. There are usually special Christmas menus in the dining room, as well.

Archived