Voyager Class Question

We are on the AOS for our honeymoon in September. We love RCCL ships more than any line but from pictures and all the Voyager class ships do not seem as open air as the rest of the fleet. Is this true or is it a preception from the limited pictures. We are used to eating dinner in the Dining room and seeing the ocean. As as nice views from bars, pubs, and main passenger areas. Please let us know what you all have found while being on these ships.

Thanks,

Brent1865

Can only tell you of our experience on the Mariner this past June. Our table assignment has us seated where we could see straight out the window (one table away and actually that table had our friends at it, so we walked over to the window whenever we wanted and the children in our group sat in the window). it was beautiful to eat and watch the sun set. We commented on the color of the water many times at meals. And as for other areas - Windjammer/Jade have great window views - feeling like you are sitting at one huge balcony. You can eat outside on deck when dining at Johnny Rockets. The views from Ellingtons and the 19th hole are wonderful! The champagne bar has a limited window view but it is small. Wig and Gavel, Vintages, Schooners and Dragon's Lair are non-windowed locations. We have not cruised on any other RCI ship (though we have done other lines) but we always had the feeling of open air. I'm not sure what you mean by main passenger areas - could that be Viking Crown lounge? Already addressed that with Ellington's and 19th Hole. Maybe that means outside deck areas - main pool area is very open air feeling and one only has to walk outside on Deck 4 (one of my favorite places) to have an almost private verandah - the length of the ship. Everyone looks for someting different, so I wouldn't dare try to guess as to whether you'd like it. I can only tell you we found it to be relaxing and always felt like we had the water available for us - and that was with an inside cabin.

Thank you very much for the description you provided. I had little doubt that it would be nice, but just wanted to check. We love little places to sit back, drink a beer and relax...so it seems there are pleanty of those on such a huge ship. Thanks again, that exactly what we were looking for.

Brent1865

Archived