Handicapped Room on Noordam 6175

cat1

Hi Everyone,

Just received our email from the TA regarding our final payment. We had requested an SC room and apparently we got the last room in the SC category, but it's a handicapped room. We are able bodied people and really don't need a handicapped room. Has anyone stayed in this room? It's for the 2/17 departure out of NYC. I sent an email to HAL this afternoon to see if we can possibly move out of it. Can anyone give me any info on this room?

We are kinda in the same Boat:D except on the Westerdam. Another thread reported our cabin was listed as one to avoid (VA8032), Vista Class. The report was no closet room, a sit in shower only. I find this hard to believe so I have not requested a change yet. Its not that I doubt the CC person reporting but they got the report from their dinner mates. Maybe cruisefrk will respond to this thread also. It can't be that bad can it.:confused: The balcony looks to be great on the Navagiation Deck room VA 8032.

Let me know if they move you out of that room. In my email to HAL I asked them about the SC category and that it said it had double sinks, whirlpool bath and sep. shower. It didn't say anything about the handicapped rooms not having those facilities. Someone else earlier had to send in a doctors note requesting the handicapped room..how I ended up with it...??

Hi Everyone,

Just received our email from the TA regarding our final payment. We had requested an SC room and apparently we got the last room in the SC category, but it's a handicapped room. We are able bodied people and really don't need a handicapped room. Has anyone stayed in this room? It's for the 2/17 departure out of NYC. I sent an email to HAL this afternoon to see if we can possibly move out of it. Can anyone give me any info on this room?

Hi,

This cabin should be the same as 6167 on the other vista ships.

I have photos if you would like to e-mail me and I will send them.

There is roll in shower and the toilet is within it. But there is also a tub with a shower in it so you won't get the toilet wet.

Archived