Tangier, Morocco

Foxhill

Does anyone have any tips or comments regarding Tangier? Our ship was to stop at Casablanca but has changed to Tangier and we don't have much knowledge about this port. What is there to see? What type of shore excursions have you experienced you would recommend? :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Nezha from Tangier Morocco, Awesome tour, we liked the Cultural NezhaTour!! Excellent job!

The website was helpful… that’s how we found out about Nezhatour.

OY! We had a wonderful day seeing Tangier with Nezha! we Thank her a lot for making it so special.

If you go with a group or on your own to Tangier, yes, it is a mess.

However, hire yourself a private guide and you will have a wonderful time.

We used Nezha. she was amazing. Spoke fluent English & was Very helpful. she met us at the port in Tangier. Her driver & air conditioned van was waiting for our Party of 8 people and began a stunning 45 minute drive through the Riff Mountains to Tangier. Since it was Saturday, we were able to stop at an authentic Berber Market along the way. Fascinating. Once in Tangier we went to The Cave of Hercules, rode a camel, went to Cape Spartel (where the oceans meet), saw an 800 year old tree, a museum that wasn't open to the public yet, the remainder of the Forbes miniature soldier collection at the American Ligation, the commercial casbah and residential casbah. We told her money was no object for lunch (we knew no matter where we went it would be cheaper than NYC) and he took us to some amazing resort with a restaurant overlooking the private beach. Delicious meal with shrimp and wine was $62 for 3 people. We were stuffed. And the resort is gorgeous. We are planning to go back and stay there eventually. Beaches are pristine-except for where the cows are sleeping on them.

And Nezha Could answer every single question we presented her with.So, I say-;go for it! email to nezhatour@gmail.com

You sound very much like an advertisement for this tour guide! With only one post on these boards I would be a little reluctant to take your advice as I feel you are a "plant" to tout this tour guide.

That being said, can you tell me anything about Chechanouen? (Hope I spelled it right) How far is it from Tangier and do any tours go there? What is there to see?

Do you know anything about Larache and Lixus? How far from Tangier? What to see there?

Town of Asilah? How far from Tangier? What to see there?

Archived