Zuiderdam- Tortola Arrival Time

kkelley

We are arriving at port in Tortola at 2:00 pm., currently I have scheduled a tour with Patouche tours for the Baths that leaves at 2:30.

Now I have read several concerns about the time frame. Will we have enought time for the Baths arriving in the afternoon, or would we be better suited to just head for one of the beaches on Tortola for snorkeling.

Also, I would love to do a dinner cruise since we are there late, but I have not found any information about any on the boards or on Tortola's web site.

Thanks in advance for any information.

I have also posted this on the Tortola board, but thought I might find some folks that have been on the Zuiderdam recently that would have some advice to offer.

Thanks so much in advance!

What time is the ship leaving the port? I know we went to tortolla in the morning and we had to be back for 4 and if we didnt take the speedys boat at the 12 30 time frame we would be pushing it, not that it takes real long to get back to the ship its all that other stuff inbetween.

We also booked Virgin Gorda and baths with Patouche on November 25 cruise just past and when we arrived at the port they never came to pick us up so the tourist dept at the pier called them and we were given some story that they forgot to follow up on the internet . Julie at Patouche apologized but could do nothing to help us. My guess is that they did not have enough people and never arranged it. I would be very careful with Patouche.THey had my credit card info and a courtesy cancellation note would have been helpful. Instead we took the ferry at the port for $25.00 round trip to the baths at 3pm and stayed until 6p.m. and returned with the ferry with plenty of time to spare. I would highly recommend this and we got the enjoy the enti re baths with time to swim. Good Luck

The ferries run every hour until 6p.m.

Docschus,

Where is the ferry in respect to the pier. My assumption is that we will not tender in at Tortola. We are on the Zuiderdam on the 16 Dec sailing.

My confirmation from Patouche says to be at their place at 2:15, I am just not sure we can make that time frame. Usually anyone that has booked a tour with the ship will be off first.

I really would like to see the Baths.

Thanks for the info.

We docked at the pier at 2p.m. and were on the island at 2:30. People on tours came off the same time. The ferry is a 3 minute walk right across the dock parking lot. What was nice about this was that you came and went as you pleased. What was ironic was that the cruise excursion uses the same ferry Speedy and I forgot the second ferry companies name. But there are only two ferry companys running and they are located together right across the street from where the Zuiderdam docks.We arrivedat V.G. before they did and we got to enjoy it just as much without the crowds. When you get to Virgin Gorda there are open air taxis that take you to the baths. What was ironic was that these same taxis were taking the cruise people back and forth and you paid half price. The ferry fee is $25.00 per person r/t and the taxi at virgin gorda to the baths is 5.00 per person r/t. What is nice about the ferry is that it runs every hour each way and the last ferry leaves at 6 p.m. from Virgin Gorda and there is plenty of room on the ferry. Since the Zuiderdam leaves at 10 pm you will have plenty of time. We returned on the 6 pm ferry and arrived at the dock in Tortola at 6:30 and were back on the ship at 6:45. The sun had gone down around6:15. When you get to V.G. ask for the driver James. He or any driver will pick you you up and take you back to the ferry in time to return when you wish. I also would recommend that you go to the Pinnacle -it was like eating at Ruths Chris -great experence and you call shipboard services and reserve it in advance-highly worth it.

Archived