December 18th Cruise: A couple of questions

Bishopcfd

Shoreguy,

Great postings about the Pearil! I just joined this site because of your postings regarding the Pearl. I will be cruising NCL for the first time on the 18th. I hope the Pearl is as great as it sounds.

I was wondering if you could find out this information.

1). We will be arriving at the dock on the 18th around 12:00 p.m. Will the restaurants that require reservations be open at that time? If not, about what time will they open?

2). Even though it is a four night cruise, will NCL have the chocolate buffet that I have read so much about? How about any other buffets like the other cruise lines?

3). I read somewhere that NCL has martini, margarita and wine tasting available. Will that be available of the four night cruise?

Any other hints you or anyone else can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

I'm not Shoreguy, but I can answer the first question.

The Specialty Restaurants (the ones that require reservations) are not open for lunch. Usually the buffet, Blue Lagoon and one of the main restaurants are your lunch choices. The Specialty restaurants open for dinner at 5:30 p.m.

Speciality Restaurants are open for Lunch, if you are in a Suite, you can eat there. Normally they have everything planned in the 4 nights as in a usual 7 nights. I belive though...they have no clue so far either, since they are busy with the Christening ceremony.

By the way...there is a official RollCall for our cruise...YES I will be on board as well...just visit us there and you get all the info! As well I have a CC Meeting in my Cabin...we are almsot 40 so far!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=426712

Have a good one!!!

King Marcus

Wonderful folks, terrific information, great way to connect with your fellow passengers!

Ciao,

W A W W

YES, come and join the roll call fun, Bishopcfd!

As for your questions, we were on a 4 night west coast repo on the Sun in September....another kind of one-off oddball itinerary. Anyway, they did have to leave out a few of the events that I have read about on most of the 7 nights. We did not have a Chocoholic Buffet, nor was there a Murder Mystery Dinner. We were slightly disappointed for a minute, but really there was so much else to do, we hardly ended up missing them at all. I'm not sure about the drink clinics. But watch for the ballroom dancing classes if they are offered. We had a lot of fun with those! And who knows, with the Pearl being brand new, and us sailing on her very first 4 night cruise EVER, they may be doing things completely different!

Welcome Aboard! Now come on over, introduce yourself, and get added to sneakerstud's meet n greet guest list!

Archived