Disembarking?

dylane

Last week on the Zuiderdam I filled out the standard form that the front office needed to decide who gets off when once the ship returned to FLL. I told the girl at the desk that I had a 7:45pm flight that night and so would like to stay on the ship as long as possible. She wrote on the top of my form "10:30am disembarking" which is pretty standard for the last group off. When I received my envelope on Thursday with my number for leaving, I was surprised to see that I had the number 1. Groups 1 and 2 were the FIRST off around 9:15am!! :( So much for the HAL "Signature of Excellence"! I was to pick up a rental car at noon so sat in the Pier 26 terminal until 10:30am....when the last group off the ship went through customs. Grrrr!

Why did you not just stay on the ship until the last groups were leaving or go to the car rental place early?

When I received my envelope on Thursday with my number for leaving, I was surprised to see that I had the number 1. Groups 1 and 2 were the FIRST off around 9:15am!! :( So much for the HAL "Signature of Excellence"! I was to pick up a rental car at noon so sat in the Pier 26 terminal until 10:30am....when the last group off the ship went through customs. Grrrr!

And then there was this young upstart US customs official who thought he would make life miserable for me because I was traveling solo...GRRRRRR!!

Why didn't you go to the Front Desk and tell them you wanted to be in the last group off? They would have given you a new number and new tags.

Also, you didn't have to get off when your number was called - you could have stayed on the ship and gone off when the last group was called.

What has the "Signature of Excellence" got to do with disembarkation? I don't understand this statement. :confused:

Archived