St. Thomas Car Rental

Bob100

We are staying at the Secret Harbour Beach resort for a week in January on a land-based vacation and our first trip to the island. I was wondering whether anyone had an opinion as to whether it is easier to rent a car or take taxis. Taking cost out of the equation (car rentals are fairly cheap), I was curious whether taking cabs would be easier and what the availability of cabs was by the ferry/red-hook during the day and evenings after dinner. thanks in advance for your responses!!!!

Hello,

If you plan to do a lot of sightseeing, beach hopping, dining out, shopping then its more convenient to have a rental car. There is a car barge that goes to St. John so you could even take your rental car over there (a few of the car rentals don't allow their cars over, so you should double check if this is an option when renting).

There are usually a few taxis by the Red Hook ferry and in Red Hook - as there are several bars & restaurants there. I'd recommend if there isn't a taxi just outside in the parking area of the bar/restaurant you are at and its late in the evening to go back inside and ask the bartender or wait staff to call one for you. Or get the business card for the driver that takes you there and call them at the end of dinner to return for you.

--Islander

http://www.*****

Hi Islander -

We will be in St. Thomas on Wednesday, March 7th from our cruise and want to rent a car for that day (7:00 to 6:00 pm). We've been to St. Thomas many times but never paid any attention to rental companies near the port. Any suggestions on companies near the port? There are 6 adults traveling so we'll need a good size vehicle.

Thanks for any info - peggy

Hi Islander -

We will be in St. Thomas on Wednesday, March 7th. Though we've been there several times, we don't remember car rental places near the port. There are 6 adults and we are suppose to be on port 7:00 am to 6:00 pm, any suggestions? I never like to wait till we get there because we do need a bigger vehicle.

Thanks for any help -

Peggy

Hi Islander -

We will be in St. Thomas on Wednesday, March 7th. Though we've been there several times, we don't remember car rental places near the port. There are 6 adults and we are suppose to be on port 7:00 am to 6:00 pm, any suggestions? I never like to wait till we get there because we do need a bigger vehicle.

Thanks for any help -

Peggy

Archived