2008 brides?

Your earlier post said you were getting married Oct 11...Is your actual date Oct 18? We are getting married Oct 18. This is 2nd marriage for both of us and 1st time sailing. We haven't received our contract yet...reading some of these posts make me a little nervous, so I have my fingers crossed.

I am getting married Saturday, Oct. 11, 2008 on the Grandeur. I have signed my contract for the Harmony Package. I have not purchased my reception package yet. I am going to have the lunch buffet. I am little...well a lot nervous with things going smoothly as they possible can. I have my own local planner who is helping me with a lot of the pre-planning (favors, flowers, silk flowers, invitations, etc.) and has great ideas for guests to do while I am getting ready or doing the rehearsal. We will have at least 60-75 guests with about 16-20 sailing with us to Bermuda. The Royal Romance person I have been speaking with has been very helpful in answering all of my many questions and emails. I think the more you ask the better. The more I ask, the more I learn they can individualize your reception if you ask more specific questions.

The Explorer of the Seas is leaving from Cape Liberty Cruise Port, New Jersey on October 18. Is that the ship you are getting married on?

Mistyped...we are getting married 10/16 at Port in Baltimore and then sailing to the Eastern Caribbean. We decided on this cruise because we wanted to experience sailing vs. stopping at several ports. All of our quests are non-sailing ~ they didn't like the idea of coming along on our honeymoon.

Are you around this area?

I live in Prince George's County, near Bowie. You are getting married on the day we return to Baltimore. We thought about guests who are sailing. We have committed to eating lunch with the sailing guests for one day only. When we get to Bermuda, we will not do sight seeing or activities with them. I think it will be fine and fun!

I live in Prince George's County, near Bowie. You are getting married on the day we return to Baltimore. We thought about guests who are sailing. We have committed to eating lunch with the sailing guests for one day only. When we get to Bermuda, we will not do sight seeing or activities with them. I think it will be fine and fun!

I'm close to Balitmore. We just received our contract and are deciding on a package now. We are leaning towards the lunch buffet. If you get a chance email me, I would love to hear some of your ideas. I'm at a lost about favors. twoluckey@yahoo.com

Congrats to all of you!!! My husband-to-be and I got engaged on Thanksgiving on the Carnival Destiny (Funny how it happened on a ship called Destiny :) ) and are getting married on the Carnival Legend on September 28, 2008. Just pray that there are no hurricanes!!! Again, congrats to all of you and I know that all of us cruisecritic junkies will be talking A LOT between now and before each of our special days! Merry Christmas and have a blessed new year!

Tiffany

My fiance are getting married on the Mariner of the Seas before it leaves port on 6/22/08. The cruise was originally scheduled to celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary and now it will also include my wedding. Both families were already plannig on going on the cruise - it should be a blast!

I am getting married January 26th, 2008 aboard the Carnival Glory out of Port Canaveral, Florida. We are sooo excited. I have a lot of questions, so if anyone can help, that would be great!

1.) My fiance and the groomsmen are renting the tuxes from Carnival and the tuxes are going to be waiting in our cabin for them when they board. Has anyone out there ever done this before? Any suggestions, or bad luck with this?

2.) I do not want to see my fiance prior to the wedding. Is this possible?

Thanks!

I am getting married January 26th, 2008 aboard the Carnival Glory out of Port Canaveral, Florida. We are sooo excited. I have a lot of questions, so if anyone can help, that would be great!

1.) My fiance and the groomsmen are renting the tuxes from Carnival and the tuxes are going to be waiting in our cabin for them when they board. Has anyone out there ever done this before? Any suggestions, or bad luck with this?

2.) I do not want to see my fiance prior to the wedding. Is this possible?

Thanks!

I dont know about the rental tux's.. we were going to do that, but decided not to.. as far as not seeing the groom before the wedding, I had posted that same question a while ago, I had a few good suggestions... they were: ask a neighbor on the cruise if you could use her room... another person suggested getting ready in the hair salon (that would only work if you get your hair done there)...neither of those sounded too good to me.. I think I will ask mine to leave the room while I get ready.. and he could go to the "lounge" that we are getting married in.. and then I will arrive to "walk down the aisle"... We were going to have a beach wedding originally and someone had suggested that he went ahead in a separate car.. hope this helps.. and good luck with your planning :D

I spoke to the Wedding Coordinator today. My issue was during check in, I did not want to see him or him see me, so she suggested that we puchase those night masks and he wear those until we get on board and away from each other. Not a bad idea. Sh also reconfirmed that the tux rental thing is VERY commen and as long as we have a professional doing the mesurements for us, there should not be any issues as to fit. So, thats a good thing.

We are getting married June 8' date=' 2008 on the Carnival Conquest. Any other 2008 COnquest brides out there?[/quote']

i am getting married on the Conquest on April 13 2008! I chose the deluxe package with a DJ...... I will let you know what I know as I get the info since we are before you.

Congratulations

Hi all... ... I will be going on the carnival destiny in march...Me and my girlfriend (fiance) if she says yes ( i will be asking her while we are on cruise.) I'm waiting till the cruise because i think she was on to it because usually everyone in my family asks all the couples when they will be getting married during xmas dinner. well no one asked this year as they all know i am asking her. So instead of christmas morning as i had planned... I decided to throw her of track and wait till the cruise... Shell be so excitied about cruiseing again that shell never expect it....If i can ask u all a question, I want to have the moment captured on film.. but the only way i can think of is to do it during formal pictures. I know the photogs can ask her to face one way and pretend to have me stand behind her. but i will actually get down on one knee when shes turned away.. then he can ask her to turn around instead where she will see me on one knee. I then ask her as the cammerman snaps the whole thing in a series of photos. This works everytime, but i would like to do it at night under the stars on the front of the ship..( her favorite place on board). Do you think I can arrange for someone to ask us if we want a picture, then do the same plan, but outside... ? maybe a ship photog, or a passenger that I may meet on board? just wondering what you all think as i know i definitly want this moment captured on film for her to enjoy and show friends and family... what do you all think??

-Thanks for all your help...!! ps..

Archived