Fred. Olsen's Boudicca

dougnewmanatsea

I am pleased to see that Fred. Olsen Cruises have uploaded a virtual tour of BOUDICCA (ex ROYAL VIKING SKY etc.) to their web site. Go here and click "virtual tour".

I think you'll agree that Fred. Olsen and Space (The Design Practice) have, as usual, created uncommonly stylish interiors. The Rotunda is a fascinating variation/expansion of the buffet seen in the dining room on many Scandinavian ships (I'm thinking back to NAL here) and the Secret Garden is an ingenious solution for casual dining on a ship originally designed with no lido restaurant.

All in all, she looks like the best Olsen ship yet and possibly the best of all the various incarnations of these Royal Viking ships (except perhaps the original, pre-stretch design).

I can't wait to see what they do with BALMORAL - a ship that could be (and I'm sure will be) really superb with a bit of redecoration.

Guest Anorak33

Doug, if you communicate with the management could you please suggest that a Fred Olsen forum might be worth having?

I would be happy to help out with it if I was considered suitable.

The is considerable support for a dedicated forum and FO now have many more ships than, say, Orient who have their own forum.

Archived