Wifi Access

dollymadison

Anyone with experience with wifi access on the Silver Shadow?

I can't quite tell from the website how they charge for the access (as opposed to buying minutes for their online service in the Internet Cafe), and I'm sure they must charge for it.

Also, is the access dependable? Any areas of the ship that are more reliable for internet connection?

Thanks for any advice.....just trying to figure out if it's worth it to take the laptop.

I can't quite tell from the website how they charge for the access (as opposed to buying minutes for their online service in the Internet Cafe), and I'm sure they must charge for it.

Also, is the access dependable? Any areas of the ship that are more reliable for internet connection?

Thanks for any advice.....just trying to figure out if it's worth it to take the laptop.

Other than the charge to buy minutes to access the internet there is no additional charge to use the WiFi that's available on the ship. Internet access costs the same whether you use your own computer or one of the computers in the internet point.

• 2 weeks later...

There were 3 plans available on the Shadow during cruise 3636. By the minute, 100 minutes, or 250 minutes. Access from deck 6 midships was less than average. The "word" is that the Observation area has good access.

I gave up and used their PCs to log on. It seemed much faster but could be slow given how many were logged on.

The time flies and I used up 250 minutes.

On the 12-12 Shadow cruise, our friends Rodney and Dorothy reported very expensive and very slow service, no matter where they used their computer. On the other hand, we were thrilled with the cell service out in the middle of the ocean - amazing. Jeff

Archived