Have Upgrade/OBC question

dml1216

I am getting married on the Sensation in March. We have 9 cabins booked and 23 people going on the cruise and another 10 non-cruising guests attending the wedding. Everyone has booked their cruise seperately. Carnival will not consider us as a "group" as we didn't book as a group.

I just think with the amount of money we are spending that they should offer us something. Has anyone ever ran into this? I would love some OBC.

Or, even something for a future cruise.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. I booked directly through Carnival's 800 #, no TA.

Thanks!

No cruiseline will consider you a group when you book seperately. If you had set it up in advance you would have been able to arrange it either with your TA or CCL direct. If all booked through the same TA or direct you may have a chance of cross referencing your bookings to form a group, but it sounds like you all booked through different means. Because of tis CCL will not give amenities to a non group. I'm sure you will have a wonderful wedding anyways!

I am getting married on the Sensation in March. We have 9 cabins booked and 23 people going on the cruise and another 10 non-cruising guests attending the wedding. Everyone has booked their cruise seperately. Carnival will not consider us as a "group" as we didn't book as a group.

I just think with the amount of money we are spending that they should offer us something. Has anyone ever ran into this? I would love some OBC.

Or, even something for a future cruise.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. I booked directly through Carnival's 800 #, no TA.

Thanks!

You would have needed to book as a group to begin with - sorry...

Why didn't you do that???

You would have needed to book as a group to begin with - sorry...

Why didn't you do that???

It started out being less than 10 of us going & grew as the word spread. It just worked out that way. I had no idea that family from all over the country would want to go. Of course, had I originally thought we'd have 9 cabins vs. 3 I would have arranged as a group. Oh well! Just thought maybe someone else had experienced something like this & could give me some advice. Thanks

When in March are you cruising? If you are still outside the penalty phase you could cancel and rebook as a group. If the price of any of the cabins has gone up since they were originally booked, this might not be an option, and even if they haven't, it will be a lot of work. I think the group benefit is one person free (not one cabin, but one person) for every 8 cabins paid. Might be worth looking into it..

Archived