OBC/Upgrades for a group???

dml1216

I am getting married on the Sensation in March. We have 9 cabins booked and 23 people going on the cruise and another 10 non-cruising guests attending the wedding. Everyone has booked their cruise seperately. Carnival will not consider us as a "group" as we didn't book as a group.

I just think with the amount of money we are spending that they should offer us something. Has anyone ever ran into this? I would love some OBC.

Or, even something for a future cruise.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. I booked directly through Carnival's 800 #, no TA. Have others received perks from Carnival or any other cruise line?

Thanks!

My uncle did his wedding cruise as a group and they upgraded him to a suite. But, I think that that's the benefit of having a travel agent - they can persuade for you. We have about 40 people going on our wedding cruise, so I hope we'll get something out of it, but the travel agent said you never know. I'm getting married on 3/25/2007 on the sensation as well!

What I would do in your case is call around to some agents - not the cruise line. A lot of time they will be able to help you. Basically what you need to do is get all of your people into a group and you would probably just transfer your booking from the carnival agent to the agent you called. The agent will then work w/you and let you know what kind of perks you can get. Good Luck!

We got a $100 per cabin onboard credit and a 2 category upgrade for all of our guests but we went through Carnival's group department. We also were credited on free cabin for every 8 cabins. Is it too late for you to book through the group department? I don't know how much of a hassle it would be but it might be worth the trouble for the perks. Our guests were so happy about the onboard credit and they each got a letter saying it was a gift from us which was a nice touch. Good luck with whatever you decide!

If all of you booked through Carnival there should not be a problem, unless you have already made final payment. If You all booked through seperate agets/agencies it will be next to impossible to make a group. Can you give more information?

Most went directly through Carnival and others went through a TA.

We just booked our group last week for the 10/21/07 Liberty cruise. The representative I spoke with at Carnival (I didn't go through a TA), said the group perks start with a minimum of 5 cabins. At this level, you get $100 per cabin onboard credit, and 'points' good for you choice of gifts, cabin upgrades, etc.

Archived