Well, looks like it'll be Destiny next

WERA

So the wife has finally realized a cruise a year is what we need. Now it's time to book Desinty next Dec 2nd and start the interminable wait :D

Since Carnivals site said call them for whatever reason after typing everything in, I'd like to ask if anyone has a preferred pvp they suggest using? my email is wera@wera.com since I've noticed you shouldn't post the names here. Probably better to call anyway since it looks like we may have a group together by the time it rolls around so it would be nice to set it up so everyone could get some perq's if possible.

Thanks!

So the wife has finally realized a cruise a year is what we need. Now it's time to book Desinty next Dec 2nd and start the interminable wait :D

Since Carnivals site said call them for whatever reason after typing everything in, I'd like to ask if anyone has a preferred pvp they suggest using? my email is wera@wera.com since I've noticed you shouldn't post the names here. Probably better to call anyway since it looks like we may have a group together by the time it rolls around so it would be nice to set it up so everyone could get some perq's if possible.

Thanks!

Sean,

Know how it goes, We also take one cruise per year. We are booked on the Destiny Nov.25 to Dec. 2. It is going to be a long wait. Been doing this for three years .This year we added a short 4 day cruise to the Bahamas Just could not wait :D

Paul

We are looking at the same week, but can't decide which ship - Destiny, Valor, or Conquest again:rolleyes: will try to send email with PVP name

Julie

We were looking into booking the 7 Day Destiny Cruise for Nov 11, 2007. But after reading several not so good reviews on this ship we might re-consider. Are the guests onboard really that bad & rude??

Also why is Carnival charging $649 per person for air? I found a price on Continental for $303 per person round trip from Cleveland. I think we will be booking our own air!! I was thinking since the ship doesn't depart untill 10pm we will fly in the day of, that should give us plenty of time for delays and interruptions.

Definitely book your own air. We booked ours on AA (outbound) and Delta (return) for $280/pp total from Minneapolis. We got to pick the times we wanted, and got a much better price. I think the cruiseline air price is so high because I usually see air from SJU in the $500-600/pp range....I was so excited when I got it for $280, that we booked immediately, even before we booked our cruise!

We're on the countdown to Destiny, and can't wait. I have to admit, I'd rather be going on Adventure of the Seas (pretty much same itinerary) for the spectacular Voyager-class ship, but just can't justify the $1000 price difference for the 2 of us. (One day...)

Anyway, have a good time!

My DW and I have been on Destiny three times and have not had any problems. We liked it because it is port intensive and if you can keep up with two tours a day plus partying on the ship you are doing well. If you are booking that far ahead, try for a stern wrap balcony (we like 8333). You get to see from the side and aft which makes port stops a scenic experience. Direct airfare is always less expensive but make sure that you get travel insurance. Flights into and out of SJU are hectic during the busy season. Or fly the day before and stay at the Sheraton across the street from the dock and enjoy Old San Juan the night before.

Enjoy the anticipation....

This is from Jan 06 cruise, ports change but:

http://wulfdreamer.myphotoalbum.com/

Always call. The prices over the phone, at least the last four times I have booked a cruise, are always cheaper than those shown on their website. I think they do this as a way to offer "discounts" and make people feel like they got a good deal. As for PVP's, I always book with the one that is lucky enough to answer when I call. It's a call center, like an airline or a phone company. Unless a rep is rude to you or something, there is no need to choose one over another.

wulfdreamer: Thanks for your positive post about the Destiny. :) After all the posts I read, I was very skeptical in booking this cruise. After seeing your pics, I am now convinced that we will be booking the Sept 9 cruise. :D

Thanks so much

Michelle

My DW and I have been on Destiny three times and have not had any problems. We liked it because it is port intensive and if you can keep up with two tours a day plus partying on the ship you are doing well. If you are booking that far ahead, try for a stern wrap balcony (we like 8333). You get to see from the side and aft which makes port stops a scenic experience. Direct airfare is always less expensive but make sure that you get travel insurance. Flights into and out of SJU are hectic during the busy season. Or fly the day before and stay at the Sheraton across the street from the dock and enjoy Old San Juan the night before.

Enjoy the anticipation....

This is from Jan 06 cruise, ports change but:

http://wulfdreamer.myphotoalbum.com/

Always call. The prices over the phone, at least the last four times I have booked a cruise, are always cheaper than those shown on their website. I think they do this as a way to offer "discounts" and make people feel like they got a good deal. As for PVP's, I always book with the one that is lucky enough to answer when I call. It's a call center, like an airline or a phone company. Unless a rep is rude to you or something, there is no need to choose one over another.

I wouldn't trade my PVP for any other. She knows my likes/dislikes and if something special comes up that she knows I would be interested in, she lets me know. She also knows all the different discounts I qualify for so I get the best deal. If you get a poor PVP then ask for another, but once you find a gem, you better keep them.

wulfdreamer: Thanks for your positive post about the Destiny. :) After all the posts I read, I was very skeptical in booking this cruise. After seeing your pics, I am now convinced that we will be booking the Sept 9 cruise. :D

Thanks so much

Michelle

And those are only the few pictures I took this year 'cause I already have two other years of pictures. Uploading then to any site takes so long that I haven't done the others (yet?). I haven't tried the new Destiny port schedule but after we have finished the other cruises we have booked, I imagine we will go again. Aruba was a lot of fun and we'll miss it. We moved from the east coast to the southwest so are now trying the Pacific. Bon Voyage!

Do you know anything about DARCY KNIEVEL. I hear she is the new CD on the Destiny?

We have been on Carnival peviously and had Brent Mitchell, whom I loved. Great guy ( fellow CDN too :D ) and a wicked sense of humor.

I have bookmarked your pics so I can look at them all later.

If you upload more, PLEASE let me know. Would love to see them all.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Michelle

And those are only the few pictures I took this year 'cause I already have two other years of pictures. Uploading then to any site takes so long that I haven't done the others (yet?). I haven't tried the new Destiny port schedule but after we have finished the other cruises we have booked, I imagine we will go again. Aruba was a lot of fun and we'll miss it. We moved from the east coast to the southwest so are now trying the Pacific. Bon Voyage!

I wouldn't trade my PVP for any other. She knows my likes/dislikes and if something special comes up that she knows I would be interested in, she lets me know. She also knows all the different discounts I qualify for so I get the best deal. If you get a poor PVP then ask for another, but once you find a gem, you better keep them.

I think anyone who answers the phone is gonna do what they gotta do to make the sale. That's their job. They're not your friend. They may be friendly to you, but there's a difference. Anyone with a computer, and you wouldn't be reading this if you didn't have one, can do their own research with minimal effort and make an informed decision about their vacation. I'm sorry, but I don't see how developing a relationship with a call center rep makes that process any better or easier. If you call and tell the first person who answers that you are 55, live in Jersey, are retired military, and work in the airline business, that person most likely will check for all qualifying discounts. The better the price, the more likely the sale. They are not going to hold back because they are trying to generate more revenue for Carnival or because they don't "know" you. And I don't consider someone e-mailing me every other day to tell me about a "discounted" rate on a cruise to be a benefit.

Thanks for all the input! Of course now after tlaking to some of our group about half want to drive to the port... Not too surprising since for the most part we're all into racing so even an 11 hour shot to Lauderdale from Atlanta isn't all that big a deal to us. But it means now I'm looking at other options - there's a Miracle 8 day I like too but I'd really love to try a different ship since we've done Legend and Miracle already.

I read the Destiny reviews and honestly - they don't seem that bad and no worse than all the NY/NJ retirees wintering in Florida that were on Legend :D

Archived