It's been awhile...

Hello fellow cruisers...It's been awhile since our last cruise and since I've been on these boards so please bare with me. I have a quick question regarding pricing. A few years ago one could go on several sites where you could get a discounted price and I remember that since that time they have changed the pricing to not allow discount pricing to be shown on line. My question is.....If you contact the online booking agencies will they quote you a discounted price or are the prices now fixed? If they are fixed they have really increased tremendously since our last booking in 2004. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Rccl no longer allows discounting of their prices so you will get the same price whether you call RCCL directly or a travel agent.

Some travel agents will give perks like free insurance or similiar.

You might want to call RCCL directly tommorrow. You can also check the promowaves and happy hour specials. Here are the links, they are usually updated on Tuesdays.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/promowave/RCL.pdf

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/happy_hour/HappyHour_rci_tues.pdf

Sue

Hello fellow cruisers...It's been awhile since our last cruise and since I've been on these boards so please bare with me. I have a quick question regarding pricing. A few years ago one could go on several sites where you could get a discounted price and I remember that since that time they have changed the pricing to not allow discount pricing to be shown on line. My question is.....If you contact the online booking agencies will they quote you a discounted price or are the prices now fixed? If they are fixed they have really increased tremendously since our last booking in 2004. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

From my understanding the prices are fixed. You might find an agency that has some group booking available that would give you a discount. Other then that all you will probably get will be some kind of amenity such as a bottle of wine, free travel insurance, maybe an excursion. When we booked our cruise, the travel agency was having a cruise expo. We were given free long term parking, a gift card to a local department store and a discount coupon to a swimwear store in the mall.

Archived