Anyone stayed at the Century Plaza in Vancouver?

We are looking at staying there before we set sail for Alaska. We need a hotel that is in downtown and decent and in a safer area. I have been having nightmares about not getting a room booked and having to stay at the Best Western on East Hastings!!!

Erin & Brent

"Friends are the family that you choose for yourself"

It is a good Hotel and has one of the top rated spas in North America. All the stars go there when they are in Vancouver. You will be right on Burrard and about 3 blocks from Robson street. The area is safe and you can walk around. You are sort of on the edge of a residential area and by a hospital.

Time for another Cruise!

grouchy

can you tell me anything about the st.regis. i do not need all of the extra ammenities. just a good,clean and save room for one night that i might be able to see a few things downtown after i arrive from seattle pre-cruise. it only has two stars but is that because of the location. it sounds good and the price is right. or should i go with priceline and get a 3-4 star downtown. i absolutely have to have two beds. us 2 girls need our own bed to sleep in. thanks so much. any hotel suggestions appriciated. and it is good to see you again on the board. have you been traveling'' you lucky thing''.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

thanks grouchy

i am going to get brave and do priceline for the vancouver hotel stay. then in seattle we will pick a hotel. i want to make sure we are close to the needle and things while there. you are so helpful. thanks again

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Well we have changed our mind on the Century Plaza. We are now looking into the Blue Horizon? Any thoughts on that hotel?

Erin & Brent

Hi Grouchy,

Thanks for your help, yet again. If it was just Brent and I sailing then I would definately bid for a hotel. However our's is a group of 22 sailing guests plus an additional 30 guests just joining us in Vancouver for the wedding the day our ship leaves port for Alaska. The Blue Horizon has given us a nice deal and is renting us space for an informal get together on the Saturday night before we cruise.

Thank you for all you help....

Erin & Brent

Hi EPD,

If you don't mind telling - I was wondering what kind rates you got for the hotel and did they let you block off a lot of rooms? I was reading that they have several meeting rooms on the top floor is that where you are getting together on the Saturday? Was it pricey?

I am still not sure how many people are coming for sure but are they flexible with holding the rooms and did you have to leave a deposit?

Sorry for all the questions but I left a couple messages for the manager last week and have not heard back.

Thanks,

Tammy

Lippy

My mum has been arranging everything with the hotel. As far as I know we are using one of the rooms on the top floor for our get together. They are charging us $300 for the use of the room. Plus food/beverages. We are getting our rooms for I believe $154. Middle of August is an expensive time to be in Vancouver is what we are discovering. We expect to have about six rooms booked for us all. I don't know how they are about blocking or holding rooms. I believe they need a credit card number to do that, though I am not sure. Sorry that I am not of more help. I told my mum this is her deal because she wants the reception on the Saturday night so that we can all meet.

Are you getting excited yet? Have you received any info? Its coming up soon for you isn't it?!

Erin & Brent

Archived