Rainy Season Question - is there hope?

Steve in Mexico

My wife and i are booked on RCCL Legend Mexican Riviera cruise on 9/5. Although we are experienced cruisers this will be our first time cruising in this part of the world. I was very naive about the weather and climate when I booked the cruise, thinking "what could be hotter and better for water activities than Mexico in September". I knew that it would be different than the Caribbean, but I wasn't fully aware of the rainy season and the difference the Pacific ocean makes.

So, given that we are going in the rainy season does that typically mean days that are total washouts, or is it more like a daily buildup of heat so that it pours for awhile and then clears up.

Also, is the ocean typically cool in all three ports (Cabo,PV, MZ).

Thanks

Steve in Mexico, hello!! We are on the same cruise as you. Please come over to the Roll Call board and say hi to all of us who will be on that cruise with you. The link to the Roll Call board is in my signature. Also, don't forget to sign up for the Meet and Mingle party. We need 25 people and we have been stuck at 22 for a long time, maybe you will be the one that puts us over the top!!

This is my 3rd time to Mexican Riviera. It's a great cruise. Don't confuse it with the Caribbean, it's quite different, but it's still fun.

We have been there in June and in October, and both times the weather was great. We have excursions already choosen. Canopy tour/dolphin swim in PV, Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan, and just going to hand around Cabo, maybe do the parasailing and finishing off at Cabo Wabo or some such bar. :)

I hope to see you over at the Roll Call, we have been enjoying getting to know the others! :D

Hello to everyone..

I have been living in Mazatlan for 6 years and can say that most of my experience in the summer is as follows:

Most days are really hot and humid. At night is when we get most rain in Mazatlan, and when it rains, it rains. Usually by 6:00 am the rain is over and the streets clear up of all the water quick. Of course there are sometimes when the rain will come during the day, but not as often as it does in the night.

You will be on a vaccation, and I would not really worry about the rain.. Just have a fun time. I remember before I had moved to Mazatlan, one of my first times out getting to know Mazatlan with my Girlfriend (now Wife) the last 5 1/2 years from Mazatlan, we had a great time walking around the golden zone shopping in the rain. It rained for about 1 hr and then stopped and everything was back to normal.

Now very year is different, but the last couple years has been about the same..

Just have a really great time on your cruise, rain or not. You will always find something to do even if it does rain..

Hope this helps..

Gray (fish4ever)

I'm leaving on the Carnival Pride for the Mexican Riviera 9/5 too! I don't know what your itinerary is but we will be with Randi on Thursday 9/9, maybe we'll see you there? :)
we registered for the ride. hopefully we didn't wait too long. i hear this one fills up. Looks like my ship is there on Wed 9/8. :rolleyes:

Archived