Elite Perks

Sthronds

Regardless of your industry, you likely have access to perks that non-industry people do not have access to. It should come as no surprise that the travel industry has access to perks as well. Contrary to popular belief, these perks are few and far between anymore.

While all cruiselines offer training on their product, Princess has recently launched an indepth training program for agents. Completing it requires a significant investment of time as well as a commitment to developing a strong knowledge base about the product. When agents complete this training program, they do receive some benefits from Princess.

As a travel agent who is certified by CLIA as an ECCS (CLIA's pinnacle certification held by only several dozen travel agents in the US), I find it completely inappropriate when fellow agents discuss industry benefits in this forum. The purpose of this forum is information sharing among cruisers, not to create hard feelings. It's not professional for TA's to start discussions like this.

Do you expect your doctor to chat you up about the freebies he/she gets? Does the sales person in Macy's tell you that he/she could get the item you're buying 20 or 30% cheaper? When you get your car serviced, do you want to know that the mechanic got the same service at cost? When you get your hair done, does the stylist brag that he/she got a great head of highlights at no cost? Does your massage therapist tell you that he/she trades off with a coworker for free massages? Does your builder tell you that he/she sometimes gets free products and invitations to cool events from manufacturers? We all know these things exist but they're not typically discussed by professionals. I'm not sure why a travel agent would bring up our industry perks here--I don't see how it serves any positive purpose.

I agree totally!

Most TA's are hard working professionals and any perks they get are EARNED. how would you like to spend hours dealing with a client and then they turn around and book with another agency to save $10.00? Or that same client will have you do all the research and then book online. It's not the fabulous carreer of jet setting around the world that the public has an image of.

To answer the OP about afternoon tea: I was on the Grand with my DH and DD 2 years ago in a full suite and we ordered the afternon tea. It was wonderful. We will be on the CB in March again in a full suite and are already talking about making arrangements for it during one of our sea days. It was elegant and delicous.

Happy cruising!

Regardless of your industry, you likely have access to perks that non-industry people do not have access to. It should come as no surprise that the travel industry has access to perks as well. Contrary to popular belief, these perks are few and far between anymore.

While all cruiselines offer training on their product, Princess has recently launched an indepth training program for agents. Completing it requires a significant investment of time as well as a commitment to developing a strong knowledge base about the product. When agents complete this training program, they do receive some benefits from Princess.

As a travel agent who is certified by CLIA as an ECCS (CLIA's pinnacle certification held by only several dozen travel agents in the US), I find it completely inappropriate when fellow agents discuss industry benefits in this forum. The purpose of this forum is information sharing among cruisers, not to create hard feelings. It's not professional for TA's to start discussions like this.

Do you expect your doctor to chat you up about the freebies he/she gets? Does the sales person in Macy's tell you that he/she could get the item you're buying 20 or 30% cheaper? When you get your car serviced, do you want to know that the mechanic got the same service at cost? When you get your hair done, does the stylist brag that he/she got a great head of highlights at no cost? Does your massage therapist tell you that he/she trades off with a coworker for free massages? Does your builder tell you that he/she sometimes gets free products and invitations to cool events from manufacturers? We all know these things exist but they're not typically discussed by professionals. I'm not sure why a travel agent would bring up our industry perks here--I don't see how it serves any positive purpose.

I do agree with this but as the OP, I wanted to point out that I was asking these questions on behalf of clients. I never bragged about any perks than I may or may not be getting. I appreciate those who answered my original question and have passed on the information. My clients are very excited about finally being elite cruisers and wanted to know a little bit about the perks first hand. So thank you.

Archived