Galveston Hotel

mom2three

I need advice for a nice hotel in Galveston. Not to pricey.
It would be nice if there is one to watch the ships come in.
I priced the Hotel Galvez it seems a little high for us!

Thanks in advance for your help!

How long will you be there? And, what are you looking for? We just got back from a mini-vacation to Galveston and stayed at the Galvestonian condos. Very nice. We were right on the beach, whereas most seawall blvd hotels are across the street from the beach. You might check out tripadvisor.com for reviews of various places. We did see both the Carnival Elation and the Rhapsody leaving port last sunday from our condo.

• 2 weeks later...
[font=Comic Sans MS]Thank you for the info about the Harbor House.[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]What did the inside look like? I saw some pictures and it looked kind of stark:confused: [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]I also looked at the Treemont, the price is good, but may not be for kids. [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]I like the idea of watching the :) ship come in.[/font]

You're welcome. I don't know what the inside of the Harbor House looks like. This will be my first time staying there. The picture of the rooms that they have on their website looks nice. I guess I'll find out in December!

I live in the houston area so I don't have any first hand knowledge about the hotels in the galveston area but I have heard good things about this site.

[url="http://www.galveston.com/"]http://www.galveston.com/[/url]

I will be happy to answer any question if I can.

kimberly

• 2 weeks later...
Harbor House is always where we stay pre cruise. I think we usually negotiate a room for around $75 a night then they always let us park our car in there locked area for the duration of the cruise for an addional $20. The place may not look like much from the outside but it is very nice and quiet and yes, fun to look out the next morning and see your ship has arrived. The rooms are large also and sleep up to 5 when you use the sofa.

What a great price ! They want ,with taxes, $185 for one night! :confused:
Okie , I need for you to negotiate for me:) .

[quote name='OKIE CLAN']Harbor House is always where we stay pre cruise. I think we usually negotiate a room for around $75 a night then they always let us park our car in there locked area for the duration of the cruise for an addional $20. The place may not look like much from the outside but it is very nice and quiet and yes, fun to look out the next morning and see your ship has arrived. The rooms are large also and sleep up to 5 when you use the sofa.[/QUOTE]

Archived