Connecting Staterooms on Oceania

ManOnMars

Has anyone here on the message board stayed in either of the Vista Suites on deck six of any of the Oceania ships? (category VS, cabins 6002 or 6003) From the deck plans available at the Oceania website, it shows that those suites connect with the ocean view cabin next door. (category C1, cabins 6004 or 6005)

I'm curious about the configuration of that connection. From the floor plan of the Vista Suite it looks to me like the connecting door between cabins must go through the bedroom in the Vista Suite. That seems like an awkward arrangement as it would eliminate privacy in the bedroom of the Vista Suite when the connecting door is in use. I would think that the more sensible configuration would be to connect the Vista Suite with its other neighboring cabin, a veranda stateroom (category B1, cabins 6000 or 6001) as the connecting door would be in the living area of the Vista Suite.

I ask because I'm thinking of bringing my mother along with me on a long Oceania voyage (probably several combined). I don't want Mom to feel lonely in her own cabin, so ideally I'd like a two bedroom/two bathroom cabin with a shared living and dining area. Since there are no cabins like that on Oceania ships, connecting cabins are the next best option.

On a short voyage I wouldn't mind connecting veranda or penthouse cabins without a shared living and dining area, but I'm planning for two to three months at sea. For such a long voyage with family, a dedicated dining table and living area with separate bedroom retreats would be a wonderful luxury - our own little apartment at sea.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Yes, the door to the adjoining room is in the far corner of the bedroom in 6003.

We were in 6003 for 20 days last May and never heard a sound

from the adjoining room. We used that space for luggage storage and had the door pretty well blocked.

The suite is large wonderful. Enjoy!:)

Thanks for the info. I was really hoping for a vista or owners suite with the connecting door in the living area, but no such luck it seems. A connecting door in the bedroom is useless to me as then I would have no privacy in the bedroom with Mom next door. I was torn between Oceania or an RSSC cruise (which does have two bedroom cabins with a common living/dining area). Guess I'll go with RSSC.

I wonder how hard or expensive it would be for Oceania to put a connecting door in through the living room to the other neighboring cabin? Hmm...

Archived