Getting back from Bayonne to Newark Airport

I need info on the best way to get back from Bayonne after a cruise to the Newark airport to rent a car. We are driving to see family in Conn after cruise. Is newark airport the closest place to rent a car from Bayonne or does anyone else know somewhere closer. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

andreakul

6/13/04 Voyager of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;6;13;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Grandeur 3/13/2004

Navigator 7/5/2003

Explorer 7/5/2002

Infinity 7/20/2001

Norway- Millenium Cruise 2000

I am not a local fron NJ, but what I have found is: cabs to EWR (Newark Airport) are 35. (flat rate, + a little more for large bags). There are some car rental places such as Hertz in the local area. Sounds as if you are going to do a one way rental? If not, ther eare a few Enterprise agencies close by (but don't do one way rentals & ask about mileage & out of state driving-they are different than other agencies on those points). Search the Hertz, Avis, Enterprise etc. sites (no Alamo at EWR)for locations. It can often be cheaper to rent off aiport property b/c airports charge fees for the shuttles etc that they have to. So you don't have to go back to the airport to rent a car. You could get a cab to any of the locations that you find. Check operating hours though,some are not open on Sunday, if that is when you are expecting to use them.

Thanks for the advice! I'll check the websites for those companies.

Andreakul

6/13/04 Voyager of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;6;13;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Grandeur 3/13/2004

Navigator 7/5/2003

Explorer 7/5/2002

Infinity 7/20/2001

Norway- Millenium Cruise 2000

Archived