Wedding gift

Katlan

Does anyone have any suggestions for a wedding gift? :confused:

We are standing up for a couple (50's) who are getting married in port the day prior to sailing. They have both been married before and for DH & I this is our first time as attendants. We have no clue as to what to give them. They have been living together for 5 years and plan to announce their wedding during a small party at a later date. I know they don't *want* anything, but we would really like do get them something to commemorate this special occasion.

I appreciate all suggestions!

Thanks ...

How about giving them some coupons for credit onboard the ship? I know Carnival does that and I assume the other lines do, too- basically like a gift card. You can use to pay for excursions, drinks, merchandise onboard, etc. You can also send a gift basket to their cabin; check out the cruise line's website for those options.

Have fun!

Yep! Those are the 2 same suggestions i was going to post! You can never go wrong with the credit on board - and if that seems a little too impersonal -MAKE a gift basket! Fill it with stuff they can use on the ship! find out what they like...wine,beer or some other liquor? put that in the basket along with the matching glasses also maybe add some food to go with drink of choice (like water crackers for wine,peanuts for beer etc) does he like cigars?...hmm lets see....then try to add stuff that is will add to the ambiance of their weddingmoon, like towels or a blanket (have their names and wedding date stitched on) ,his/hers slippers or robes? scented lotions or massage oils? maybe get them a nice scented candle? a frame with their names and wedding date engraved on it? then be sure to include the staples like chocolates and fine candies. since they are getting married at port -most likely anything that they feel they cannot take with them a family member or friend that is not cruising could take the items until they return..but they probably will take them all with them :p Have fun!

You can also send a gift basket to their cabin; check out the cruise line's website for those options.

Have fun!

Yep! Those are the 2 same suggestions i was going to post! ... a gift basket!

Thanks guys ... this is exactly what we did ... we ordered the Hearts Forever (Honeymoon) Basket for them. So easy! :p

Thank you for taking the time to send me suggestions. One less thing I have to think about ... So much to do, so little time!!! :eek:

Archived