Cash on S&S card

TracersQQ

I know this has been asked and answered a million times, but I have the worst luck getting the search feature to work. What is the min. cash deposit you can put on you S&S card? I'm leaving Saturday, for Miami and cruising on Sunday and I'm trying to get my money situation in order. I am traveling with my Mother, so I want to pay cash for everything so my husband can't say he had to pay fo my trip, LOL. I don't want anything going on the credit cards. Anyway, I figure, on a normal basis, I drink 2 Diet Cokes a day - the rest is water. I rarely drink alcohol, but I may have a few drinks onboard. I do still have to pay my tips. I plan on doing all my shopping in port (not on the ship) and I don't gamble. So this is why I would like to put the minimum on my S&S card. If I find that I need more $, on the card, can I add more to it - later on in the week of the cruise? Thanks in advance!

I know this has been asked and answered a million times, but I have the worst luck getting the search feature to work. What is the min. cash deposit you can put on you S&S card? I'm leaving Saturday, for Miami and cruising on Sunday and I'm trying to get my money situation in order. I am traveling with my Mother, so I want to pay cash for everything so my husband can't say he had to pay fo my trip, LOL. I don't want anything going on the credit cards. Anyway, I figure, on a normal basis, I drink 2 Diet Cokes a day - the rest is water. I rarely drink alcohol, but I may have a few drinks onboard. I do still have to pay my tips. I plan on doing all my shopping in port (not on the ship) and I don't gamble. So this is why I would like to put the minimum on my S&S card. If I find that I need more $, on the card, can I add more to it - later on in the week of the cruise? Thanks in advance!

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Sail_And_Sign_On_Board_Account.aspx

The following dollar amounts, per guest, are used as a deposit and placed as a hold on the credit card when the Sail & Sign Account is opened:

2-4 day cruises: $100 deposit pp

5-8 day cruises: $200 deposit pp

9 + day cruises: $350 deposit pp

Deposit with U.S. Currency or Traveler's Checks

U.S. Currency and traveler's checks are accepted as a form of deposit to open a Sail & Sign Account at the start of the cruise. As the guest approaches the deposit limit, the Information Desk will notify the guest that additional money must be deposited.

2-4 day cruises: $100 deposit pp 5-8 day cruises: $200 deposit pp

9 + day cruises: $350 deposit pp

Deposit with U.S. Currency or Traveler's Checks

U.S. Currency and traveler's checks are accepted as a form of deposit to open a Sail & Sign Account at the start of the cruise. As the guest approaches the deposit limit, the Information Desk will notify the guest that additional money must be deposited.

Be prepared to wait in a long line at the Pursers though!

Be aware... your first three beers will cost you $200...:D

It seems reasonable to plan on $50 per person, per day... unless you don't drink. But virgin drinks cost money too... about $4 instead of $5 for an alcohol drink.

Folks also purchase items from the duty-free store, and photos, and other items. It seems hard to stay below $25 per person, per day.

Archived