Recent NCL Crown Cruisers

ddoll

This may sound silly, but I'm considering booking a cruise for my cabaret troupe members on the Crown in July. It's not important to many people, but we really like karaoke. It's pretty high up on our list of priorities for entertainment at night.

Can anyone who's sailed with them recently comment on this for me? Do they currently have karaoke in any of the lounges on board?

And how about a passenger talent show?

We've sailed on RCL and Celebrity to Bermuda before, but we've never been on NCL. We've come to count on those things (karaoke and talent show)

I don't know how similar they are.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Thank you! :) That's great news. Now I can go ahead and book it. We really would have looked for another cruise if it wasn't available.

I take it you really like the Crown to have returned so many times. That's the best endorsement.

Any other info you would like to share?

Yes there is karaoke and a talent show ... You are going to love the crown. My xmas gift from my boyfriend was a trip back on the crown to bermuda in october. Exactly the same week we traveled on the crown in 2006.

Have a great time, karaoke your little heart out and just have a blast... Just make sure you check out the chocolate buffet and get in line early, trust me...

Hi FamilyCruisers,

Hope you don't mind another question or 2...

We'll be sailing on the Crown in August, have oceanview staterooms, and were wondering if they have hair dryers and safes in the staterooms? I had read another post about the Crown and the way I read that post, was that there was a single outlet in the entire stateroom (in the bathroom), and no place to plug in a hair dryer.

Thanks,

Robin

I believe there was one single outlet in the bathroom but I brought along my own hair dryer and curling iron and plugged it in the bedroom outlets by the tv & desk. I also used that to charge my digital camera dock and my b/f used his shaver. The outlet wasn't an issue for us.

I will make you laugh (I think). The hairdryer in the bathroom reminded me of an attachment hose on a vacuum cleaner, BRING your own.

We really enjoyed our NCL crown cruise to bermuda and I'm sure you will too. We're both in our early 40's and loved EVERY minute of our trip. We don't set sail with high expectations other than having a beautiful vacation together away from the craziness of the everyday world.

Enjoy your cruise and any other questions I won't mnind answering.

Hi FamilyCruisers,

Hope you don't mind another question or 2...

We'll be sailing on the Crown in August, have oceanview staterooms, and were wondering if they have hair dryers and safes in the staterooms? I had read another post about the Crown and the way I read that post, was that there was a single outlet in the entire stateroom (in the bathroom), and no place to plug in a hair dryer.

Thanks,

Robin

On the Crown last July and yes they have hair dryers but you may still want to bring your own or give yourself extra time after showering. Not exactly top of the line or fast working. The ship itself is great and my family and I loved it.

hi ddoll!!!

Hey, fancy meeting you here. :D You must be planning a cruise or something. ;)

Too bad we weren't both sailing on the same ship together. We're going on the NCL Crown from NYC to Bermuda on 7/15. What did you decide on?

familycruisers.......My wife and I have just booked the 10/07 cruise. Look forward to learning more and maybe chatting in the future. I lived there when I was a kid for 3 years. Wanna take my wife and renew some memories and show her how great this place is.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe there was one single outlet in the bathroom but I brought along my own hair dryer and curling iron and plugged it in the bedroom outlets by the tv & desk. I also used that to charge my digital camera dock and my b/f used his shaver. The outlet wasn't an issue for us.

I will make you laugh (I think). The hairdryer in the bathroom reminded me of an attachment hose on a vacuum cleaner, BRING your own.

We really enjoyed our NCL crown cruise to bermuda and I'm sure you will too. We're both in our early 40's and loved EVERY minute of our trip. We don't set sail with high expectations other than having a beautiful vacation together away from the craziness of the everyday world.

Enjoy your cruise and any other questions I won't mnind answering.

HI,

Thank you so much for your post. Sorry it took so long to respond. The vision I have of the hairdryer cracks me up, just thinking about it. I think I will bring a hairdryer from home when we go in August.

Not a problem !

We plugged just about everything into the outlet in the bedroom next to the tv... We had no problems at all.

ENJOY the Crown... We'll be back on her in October and cannot wait.

HI,

Thank you so much for your post. Sorry it took so long to respond. The vision I have of the hairdryer cracks me up, just thinking about it. I think I will bring a hairdryer from home when we go in August.

Archived