Booking Multiple Rooms

nddomer04

I have a couple of questions about booking multiple cabins:

My wife and I are Diamond members, and we are planning a cruise with her parents (first time cruisers). I called RCI, and in order for both cabins to receive the Diamond discount, one Diamond member must be in each. Hence, we are going to have to book myself and her dad in one room, and my wife and her mom in the other.

Question #1: Can we make the switch once on board, or is this against some rules?

Question #2: How will the room key situation work? Do we just need to ask for one extra key per room, and then the people who switch will carry two cards?

I appreciate your help!

Morning,

We have 2 kids, 14 and 18, and RCCL will not allow us to book a room for them alone.

What we do is book me and one kid in one room, and wife and other in nearby room.

When we get to the pier, we all go up to check in agent, and explain who is going into what room. They change it on the computer with no problems. We also get an additional key to each of the rooms at the same time.

They are used to last minute changes, and it only takes a few minutes. No need to explain why you are changing.

We had to do this on the Freedom in December as we have 4 children under the age of 18. Our two older children took one cabin and DH, myself, an our two younger children took the other cabin. My husband and I simply asked for extra keys upon check in and he and my oldest each carried two card for the week. The extra keys were actually marked with the words "extra key" so they could easily tell the difference. It worked out fine.

Archived