Alaska Cruisetours and Advance Booking

nddomer04

My wife and I are planning on doing an Alaska Cruisetour in the summer of 2008. Obviously, we want to book as soon as RCI releases those dates to get the best prices. However, I just noticed on another thread that RCI doesn't release the cruisetour schedule until much later than the cruise only schedule. So, how do I know which sailing to book? I have this year's cruisetour guide, but I don't know that they will be the same from year to year.

Also, how does the pricing work? Are the cruisetour prices set when the cruise is booked, or is the cruisetour an additional cost down the line. We are planning to book as soon as the '08 dates are released....so probably April or May of this year.

Does anyone have some experience with this? Thanks!

My entire post above was based on the cruise and cruisetour dates not being released at the same time. I just read someone else say that RCI did, in fact, release the cruisetours at the same time as the cruises last year.

So, back to the original question...has anyone had any firsthand experience with this?

Archived