Sheraton Yankee Trader vs. Clipper

Lasarre

I got a great rate at these hotels. I booked one pre cruise and one post cruise. I have read wonderful reviews of both. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated as I don't have to stay at both. I can get the same rate staying at just one. I got rooms high up Ocean View.

Thanks again for your help. You guys are great.

Hi,

I stayed at the Yankee Clipper and it was right on the beach. If I remember correctly, the Yankee Trader was down the road and on the other side of the street, across from the beach. Personally, I like being right there, but I am sure both of them are comparable to each other. Hmmm...some movie scene was shot at the Clipper...where they are sitting in the bar looking through a glass window and watching people swim. Be careful what you where to that pool. There is another one out back by the beach area, with a grill and bar, too. Have fun.

Thanks for your input. After reading the wonderful reviews on tripadvisor.com, I think we are going to stay at the Trader. My husband wants a nice hotel and it is in the middle of everything.

He also stated I am driving him nuts going back and forth between hotels :)

Yes, we definitely want to do the water taxi. I think that my children will get a kick out of it. Does the water taxi stop in different places up and down Las Olas? Will it stop somewhere by a store so we can buy soda etc. for the cruise? Thanks.

Lasarre - Yes, the water taxis stops like a city bus would at a number of different stops. You pay one fair for the whole day and you can get on and off as many times as you want by showing the receipt. There are shops where you will be able to buy soda, there are restaurants and you can even get off close to the beach. Hope this helps.

Lasarre - Yes, the water taxis stops like a city bus would at a number of different stops. You pay one fair for the whole day and you can get on and off as many times as you want by showing the receipt. There are shops where you will be able to buy soda, there are restaurants and you can even get off close to the beach. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it ;)

I finally decided by letting DH decide. He decided that we should do the Trader pre and post after reading the Traveladvisor (the first time I have gotten him to read any research to do with anything travel related). I figure this way, if we don't like it, I can blame him ;) LOL

Archived