mardi gras

sea-u-later

nola.com is a good place. There is a section for parades. The mayor changed the uptown routes, so all the parades will start on napolean ave. Anyones that list orleans ave or canal st are wrong. I live in New Orleans so if you let me know when you will be here i can tell you the best parades to catch. Have a good time

Cathy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Critchard,

Do you anticipate any problems getting to the Julia St terminal on Sat. the 10th around 12:00 due to madri Gras traffic/parades. We are driving in form hammond sat morning, the 10th , and I was told to take the I-10/90 business loop al the way to Tschouplis St, and then the terminal is very close to that. Will any of the Uptown parades effect that route? There is a parade @ 11:00 and another @ 1:00

Hey Critchard,

Do you anticipate any problems getting to the Julia St terminal on Sat. the 10th around 12:00 due to madri Gras traffic/parades. We are driving in form hammond sat morning, the 10th , and I was told to take the I-10/90 business loop al the way to Tschouplis St, and then the terminal is very close to that. Will any of the Uptown parades effect that route? There is a parade @ 11:00 and another @ 1:00

Hey Critchard,

Both nola.com and Arthur Hardy list the afternoon parades on the 10th as starting at 1:00 and 2:00, so if you're planning on arriving at noon you shouldn't have any problem, but to be safe do stay on the interstate (US90) until the Tchoupitoulas exit.

Archived