Are there guides to hire on Delos??

Our ship, Oceania Insignia will be at Delos from 8am to 12noon. When we get off the ship will there be guides available? Should we do it on our own with some books I have purchased or do we need to do the ship tour? My husband and I try to do as much on our own as we can. Is it easy to get to the ruins?

Thank You

Sharon

My wife and I cruised to Delos a few years ago and I don't recall seeing private guides. The only guides I remember seeing were guides that were with the ships tours. I wouldn't be concerned about not having a guide. There is a small museum and a gift/snack shop on the island where you will be able to buy a good map to see the sights. Delos is not very large and it is easy to get around. Have a good trip!

When we were there the only way to get to Delos was by ship tour since we arrived in the afternoon and the private boats were off the island at that time. As stated above, the island is very samll and easily managed on your own. The private small boats dock right next to the area where your ship will dock.

Karen

Archived