Vista Class aft VA or midships SY

agathasmum

I'm looking at booking the Zuiderdam for Thanksgiving. We have sailed in a deck 4 Aft VA on the Westerdam before and one is available for this trip. For $100 more per person we could have an SY suite midships with a side facing verandah.

I have a couple of questions...

1. Would the aft VA verandah be larger than the side facing SY verandah?

2. is it worth paying the extra $200 for 2 for the extra room in the cabin, ie is the SY dramatically larger than the VA?

3. Any perks I should know about the SY. From what I have read it isn't a high enough level to qualify for the concierge and special lounge.

4. Which would you pick and why?

Thanks

Susan

I'm looking at booking the Zuiderdam for Thanksgiving. We have sailed in a deck 4 Aft VA on the Westerdam before and one is available for this trip. For $100 more per person we could have an SY suite midships with a side facing verandah.

I have a couple of questions...

1. Would the aft VA verandah be larger than the side facing SY verandah?

2. is it worth paying the extra $200 for 2 for the extra room in the cabin, ie is the SY dramatically larger than the VA?

3. Any perks I should know about the SY. From what I have read it isn't a high enough level to qualify for the concierge and special lounge.

4. Which would you pick and why?

Thanks

Susan

1. I've only seen either in pictures, but it appears to me that the VA's would be larger, because it is so deep. The SY's verandah is only 6 feet deep, but about 1.5 times the width of the VA's.

2. Including the verandah, the catalog says they're 56% larger. For $100 pp I would try the SY.

3. Correct: no Neptune. Just more space.

4. See 2. We've only had VAs to date.

Thanks for the info. sadly I've found the flaw in my plan to get to treat ourselves to a suite...although the difference in price from VA to SY is only $100, it would cost us an additional $400 to get our teens an inside near us compared to onnear a VA.

Thwarted again!

Susan

Thanks for the info. sadly I've found the flaw in my plan to get to treat ourselves to a suite...although the difference in price from VA to SY is only $100, it would cost us an additional $400 to get our teens an inside near us compared to onnear a VA.

Thwarted again!

Susan

you still might want to consider the SY suite. (now this is coming from an AVID aft fan!). the suites are much roomier with more storage space and light (a door AND a window)...and the bathrooms are worth the extra $$$$. You have a whirlpool tub with a shower AND a separate shower...plus double sinks. So it makes getting ready for dinner VERY nice. There are a few SY suites that handle four passengers (just look on the deck plans for a suite with a little box symbol). Just a thought. But then again, our next curise is once again an aft ...now the perfect solution would be a suite in aft!

Archived