scavenger hunts-anyone ever had one on a cruise? If so, any ideas?

Has anyone ever done a scavenger hunt with your family on a cruise? We have a group of us going on the Mariner and we decided to do this for fun. We'll even have prizes when we get home. Has anyone ever done this before? If you have, do you have any ideas that we can use?

We are going to have four groups of two as our teams. Since we have one person who is 15 yrs. old, it can't be too adult in that he won't enjoy it.

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks!

jules

Last year we have about 80 people on the Enchantment and we had like 20 things to collect. Everything from a compass, to a peso, flyer from the hotel we stayed at, red lipstick, fork, cotton ball a menu from Margaritaville in Key West. It was items that they could have packed and some that they needed to collect during the trip. They didn't get their lists until they were just leaving the hotel to go to the cruise port. This way they couldn't go to the store in Fort Lauderdale and buy some of the stuff.

Another one to do for a group your size is with polaroid cameras (you could also do this with digital cameras). You have certain sites...lets say at the pool bar. They get 1 point for sitting at the pool bar with a drink. 2 points for at the bar with one of the servers. and maybe 5 points if they are behind the pool bar making a drink. At the end of the trip the groups have to hand in the pics and the team with the most points wins.

Just some ideas!

Sounds like a lot of fun! I love this kind of stuff--drives my family crazy. We were on the Mariner in January, so I can give you some ideas. Some of these would work best if you were taking pictures of things.

1. Find the tourists with cameras. (The statues/artwork, not real people.

:D )

2. Find the Barbies on the airplane. (This one could be tough.)

3. Find the urn made of plates.

4. Whose statue is in the dining room?

5. What's the name of the artist who inspired the pool deck art?

6. How many couples are dancing in the theater?

7. How many flavors of Ben and Jerry's ice cream are available?

8. What's the name of the captain?

9. What country are your waiter/assistant waiter/cabin steward from?

10. Where's the skylight chapel?

11. What are the names for the age divisions in Adventure Ocean?

12. What's par for the mini golf course?

13. What's the name of the teen disco?

14. Who's NOT allowed on the "Back Deck"?

15. Where can you get sushi?

16. Where's the library?

Can I play too? ;)

Do you want the answers or are you playing along? Have a great time!

Chris

Thanks, everyone, for the great ideas! I am definitely going to use some of them. I have another son that is in a wheelchair and is blind. With his permission, we have decided to get him involved by letting people from our group take pictures of him with different people and things. Also, find a bartender with a certain name(one of us would get that first) and have a pic taken with him as well as have him sign his name on a napkin. That way, we will have some momentos(cheap ones) to use for the massive scrapbook we will be making after our cruise.

Keep the ideas coming! They are great!

jules

I really like the idea of using digital cameras to have a scavenger hunt. In my high school days, our church group did something similar. It was called a "Polaroid Party". Kids went out in teams and took pictures of, for example, firefighters on their truck, team members on the firetruck, team members dressed in the complete fire fighter uniform, etc. More points for more difficulty and complexity.

To really throw us for a loop, they would require us to be at a certain corner at a specific time and take a photo of ourselves under the bank clock. Each team was assigned a different time.

Now I'm thinking of good ideas for our Voyager trip! Thanks everyone!

Since not everyone will have a digital camera, we decided to declare the winner a week after we get back. That way, everyone will have their pictures back. We'll all get together for dinner and have a good laugh figuring out who won. As for prizes, since we are going to do teams(four teams of two), we have four prizes planned. Everyon is going to chip in on the cost of the prizes, so, actually, we're probably buying the prizes ourselves!

1. gift certificate to the movies

2. gift certificate to Appleby's

3. gift certificate to Panerra's

4. gift certificate to Hollywood video

I thought we could put these in small gift bags with some really cheap souvenirs that we pick up. Or, maybe small photo albums to put these photos in. This way, everyone gets a prize and doesn't feel left out. My son will be allowed to pick his prize first because he won't want to do 2 or 3.

Any other ideas for prizes?

jules

Archived