Grand - Baja deck....

cruisinlawn

DH and I cruised on the Grand for our honeymoon in 2002. We had a balcony on the Baja deck. It was one of the smaller balconies. I remember it being completely covered by the balconies on the Aloha deck, which were the same size. The deck below us, Caribe, had the larger balcony that extended farther away from the ship.

Lest anything I've said made it sound like the Baja deck balcony was undesirable, let me assure you that we loved the balcony. It was covered, but we certainly got plenty of light/sun on it. And yes, it was smaller compared to some of the other balconies, but it was big enough for DH and I to enjoy!

If you go to the deck plans at http://www.princess.com you can get a decent idea of balcony size and how the decks overlay.

If I had known at the time of booking I would have gotten a balcony on the Carib deck instead of the Baja. On our sailing the balconies on the Carib do not come up anymore. I assume they are all sold. Anyway it looks like the balconies on the Aloha and Baja are the same size--just the Carib has larger ones.

Archived