Cabin Upgrades on the Jewel

Sunwhorshipper

This is our first time on a Norweigan ship and only second time cruising - first time was RCI.

On RCI there was a deal on cabin upgrades from and inside cabin to balcony about 2 weeks before we sailed (for very cheap.)

How do I find out if there is this deal on the Jewel? I booked an inside cabin and would like a balcony or outside with a view...but for a deal or course...

Any info you fellow cruise experts have would be appriciated!!

I am learing sooo much here on this board...thanks a bunch!!:)

We just got a call last night from the "upgrade fairy." We upgraded our window stateroom on the Jewel to the highest category balcony for $200. The original price difference between the two categories was $400-$450.

I think whether or not you have the opportunity to upgrade depends on how full the ship is. In our case, they moved a bunch of people in balcony rooms to suites, and then began to fill up the balcony rooms. We booked directly with NCL, so we got a call from them about the upgrade. If you booked with a travel agent, you might call them and ask about it. I believe when we booked with a TA, she called us with information about upgrading.

The most recent information that I have is that you need to patiently wait for NCL to call you or your TA regarding an upsell. They do not accept phone calls.

Last year, on the Jewel, we booked a balcony for four people in July for a March cruise. We received a call in January for an upsell to a mini-suite.

Archived