Jewel Ports

lgfromdg

We did the Eastern Carib itinerary on The Jewel over Christmas and were able to tender in to GSC. The tenders over to the island were actually pretty painless for this stop. We did wait until the last possible moment to pack up to head back to the ship (I think we were on the 3rd to last tender back to the ship) and the line to get on was about a 15 minute wait. But we just chatted and chilled! I was skeptical about our stop in GSC b/c it looked like everyone was packed in like sardines (which we were!), but it didn't feel claustrophobic for some reason. Some of our family members played volleyball, I shopped a little at the market, we all enjoyed soaking up the sun, we rented rafts, partook in some embibements, had a great little lunch, and relaxed, relaxed, relaxed!!

HAVE FUN!!! Hope you get to stop here!

We'll be taking the Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Jewel in March. My question is regarding the ports, St. Juan, Antigua, St. Thomas & Great Stirrup Cay; do you dock or tender at these ports?

Are you going March 11?

No, March 18th. I sure hope we get to go to Great Stirrup Cay; it sounds iffy from other postings.

My concern about tendering stems from our only other cruise. We took the Disney Magic 2 years ago and tendered at Grand Cayman. We headed back to the ship just as the water started to to get choppy. Within a short time, huge waves were pounding the piers and it took some cruisers almost 8 hours to tender back.

Archived