Help choosing btwn. superior w/balcony and junior suite

emd1

I am sailing for first time, a Royal Carib. 7 day cruise. I have a superior ocean view cabin w/balcony reserved (188 sq ft, balcony 50 sq ft). But after viewing pics on webshot of cabins like this I am starting to get nervous about whether my teen girl and I will be claustrophobic and stumbling all over each other all week, esp. regarding clothes, getting dressed, and the bathroom.

It is another 1K for a junior suite (277 sq ft, 69 sq ft balcony). I don't particularly want to spend that much, but if it is going to give us more space to breath and not get stressed out being cooped up together in the morning and at night, maybe it is worth it. On sea days I thikn we will spend some time in the room and not get up early to rush out, and also want to enjoy the balcony.

For those of you who have stayed in both types of cabins w/two people, in the end assessment was it worth it to you to spend the extra $$ for more space?

We've been in both a balcony room and a JS. The JS is a little bit larger but I wouldn't spend the extra $ for the JS for just 2 people. It's worth it if you were trying to put 4 people in there :) The JS does have a larger closet but the balcony room had plenty of little nooks to tuck things into. We're in a balcony room on the Mariner in May and looking forward to it very much.

Either way you'll have a great time. You'll probably spend less time in your cabin than you think ;)

I concur with tammyg. We've stayed in both JS and balcony. But with two people the balcony cabin should be just fine. The storage space is small but auite efficient, and the balcony provides a nice escape while waiting for your cabin mate to dress or blow dry or primp or whatever. ;)

We book a JS when we are sailing with others so that we have a place to gather. But with just two of us, it's not really worth the extra money.

Have a wonderful time!

for 2 people your space will be fine. You wont be in the cabin all that much--especially since its your first cruise. You will be either out and about or ont he balcony.

If you are worried about space-- take an over the door shoe holder. (which again you dont really need for only two people in the cabin)

I can do an inside with 5 of us.. and it really wasnt bad. 2 over the shoe holders for us is what kept my sanity.. and the simple rule that everything gets put away..nothing is allowed to be laying out.

When you get your luggage-- put the stuff away--hang up as much as possible. Do not live out of suit cases. they will just get in the way.

Dirty clothes go back in the suit cases which are kept under the bed.

$1000. will take me on another cruise.

Archived