Best memory card deals

Dear Dave, Just bought a 2GB Sandisk Ultra Compact Flash card at Costco's 2 hrs. ago. Paid $34.99. Then I stumbled on this thread. I have plenty of smaller CF's and was glad to get this one before our upcoming trip. I read your article and feel good about my purchase. Thanks for all the info. Happy Sails to all, Kathy

Hey, Dave,

Since you're bringing so much memory on our cruise, I think I'll just 'borrow' your pix and not worry about how mine come out :) Just kidding, of course.

You wouldn't be the first...:D

What do you think of Kingston SD? I've used them for about a year and have had no problems.

Kingston has been around for a long time and made their name in regular computer memory. They make a wide range of products, including flash memory and I've never heard negative comments about their quality.

I use Sandisk mostly because I had to start somewhere. I searched for good reviews, bought some and have been happy with it. I've found no reason to switch brands, but have nothing against any of the majors like Kingston, Lexar, Panasonic or others.

Dave

Dear Dave, Just bought a 2GB Sandisk Ultra Compact Flash card at Costco's 2 hrs. ago. Paid $34.99. Then I stumbled on this thread. I have plenty of smaller CF's and was glad to get this one before our upcoming trip. I read your article and feel good about my purchase. Thanks for all the info. Happy Sails to all, Kathy

You won't regret the purchase...until the price drops another 50%! (I paid more than $34.99 for my first 1GB Ultra II...a lot more!) ;)

I have a handful of Sandisk Ultra II CF cards and they've been flawless.

Glad you liked the article!

Enjoy your trip and Happy Shooting!

Dave

Archived