a Suite question

Chillen

Getting married on Oct 20th (yeah for me). We want to go on the Volendam on Oct 24th. I have been on the Maasdam and Noordam but only in inside rooms. For the honeymoon, I thought I would spring for a balcony. I'm trying to figure out the difference between B,BB, A, AA rooms. There is a difference of about $100 between them and I'm trying to figure out what makes one better than the other. I understand that they are not real suites in that I don't get the neptune lounge and such. Any info or suggestion on which to go for? Thanks

Just location. I suggest you book a BC guarantee. There's only four on the ship, and IMO you would have a fairly good shot at a free upgrade to BB or better! Even if you don't, the BCs are in almost the same location as BBs anyway. :)

mick70 said it best, location, location, location. With something this important, honeymoon and all, I would not leave it up to chance. Pick the room you want. If you have any tendancy for motion sickness always pick the middle of the ship. My choice would be Verandah Deck AA6166 or AA6161 or anything around that. If your up on the Navigation Deck you can pick up noise from the Lido

Deck above you. Picking the rooms around AA6166 puts you in the middle of the ship and close to an elevator, just some suggestions!

Getting married on Oct 20th (yeah for me). We want to go on the Volendam on Oct 24th. I have been on the Maasdam and Noordam but only in inside rooms. For the honeymoon, I thought I would spring for a balcony. I'm trying to figure out the difference between B,BB, A, AA rooms. There is a difference of about $100 between them and I'm trying to figure out what makes one better than the other. I understand that they are not real suites in that I don't get the neptune lounge and such. Any info or suggestion on which to go for? Thanks

Congratulations!

My best suggestion is to go the extra and book a full suite for your honeymoon. Nice large cabin, big balcony, Neptune Lounge, table for two in the dining room. Make it extra special. Book one of the smaller ships like MAASDAM... much more intimate.

Good luck!

Stephen

Thanks so much. That was the info I was looking for. As for "going for the extra and booking a full suite" A balcony for us is "going the extra". Anything more, and we won't have a home to come home to after the honeymoon :-)

A balcony for us is "going the extra".

I know exactly what you mean, I went through the same thing when booking our honeymoon! (We got married on Oct 7th but weren't able to take a full honeymoon right away, just a short 3 night trip to Disney World... my wife is in med school so she wasn't able to take a lot of time off)

Convincing myself to spend the extra few hundred bucks to get a balcony was tough enough ;)

Archived