Burning CDs, flash memory sticks, photo storage????

IMNEPIPHANY

In case you decide to use the onboard photoshop to burn your photos to DVD or CD from the camera card, be very careful. I just returned from the Star to open my DVD and find a virus (worm) burned on the DVD with the photos...

This is why many of us assumed the USB ports and CD drives would be disabled on the cafe computers.

In case you decide to use the onboard photoshop to burn your photos to DVD or CD from the camera card, be very careful. I just returned from the Star to open my DVD and find a virus (worm) burned on the DVD with the photos...

Good morning. Sorry to hear of your virus on your DVD. By now you should have received an email from the photo manager onboard the Star, and a replacement DVD will be mailed out to you this week, virus free.

Unfortunately, the PC world is full of thousands of virus issues. Being on a ship, it is difficult to have an internet connection at all times, making updates a little more difficult. The virus that the photo shop received was from another guests card - This virus has since been deleted.

Regards,

Rob Hambly

Director, Technical Operations

Trans-Ocean Photos, Inc.

1-845-727-0001

Archived