Voyager: What's the spa like??

emd1

I want to partake of the spa in Voyager (first time cruiser) on a 7 night cruise. I understand I can't book treatments til we are on the ship. But I can't find any info on what treatments they offer and how much they cost.

Any insight? Would love to hear your experience, esp. w/massage and/or facials. And do they do nails and hair styling for formal nights?

Thanks in advance.

I just recently experienced a facial onboard Vision of the Seas and did not find it that relaxing. The girl was lovely, but in her attempt to sell the products she was using on my face, the experience was less than pleasurable. I also was made to feel like I REALLY needed to do something or my face was not going to be worth much. Thanks for that! :o

I was on the Voyager in November and I had a massage and a microdermabrasion facial. I really REALLY enjoyed the spa there - the girls are all lovely and friendly and maybe I'm the only one, but I never once had anyone try to push me into buying anything. I did say up front before my massage started that I wasn't interested in buying anything, and my lady was super nice, no problem at all.

If you go and take the spa tour on the very first day, there is a great raffle - make sure you stay for that, you can get a free treatment or some nice discounts. You have to be present to win, but then they also do some random drawings throughout the cruise, which is why I ended up doing the facial - I won $50 off. The prices are pretty steep (I think it was around $100 for an hour-long massage and $120 or so for the facial?) - there are discounts though for port days and for the very first day. I had a fantastic massage, one of the best I've ever had - though being on my first cruise after a long day of travel, I was more than prepared to enjoy every second! My facial was fantastic too and I certainly never felt insulted. Maybe the spa staff on the Voyager is just a nicer crowd?

My friend did the Ionithermie (sp?) algae treatments and loved it - she lost something like 7 1/2 inches in various places and really felt a difference. Enjoy! I certainly did!

I will be on the Voyager in 01/2008 a long way off I know but I would like to know if the voyager has a thermal (hot tub) pool?

Ps I have to comment on you user name MagentaandRiffRaff! Love It they are two of my favorites from the RHPS!! I spent a many late night doing the TIMEWARP!!!

There is a great (huge) hot tub down one deck from the spa (via spiral stairs). It was seldom crowded. :cool:

I am not usually one that does spa treatments, but three cruises ago, my wife convinced me to try a massage and seaweed wrap. I did that the first day and was hooked. I normally try to book massages or the hot stone treatment for sail away. It is easy to get an appointment and it is a great way to start the cruise! I usually schedule a second treatment toward the end of the week. These can be pricey, but the spa is clean and very professional. I let them do the product sales pitch and politely decline their product offerings. Try it at least once. The couples' massage is also worth doing.

You will love the Voyager!

Eric

Two more ?s:

1) Do you pay a "spa fee" to use the spa facilities like the hot tub (or sauna) mentioned in the post above?

2) Is it true that on port days the spa treatments are half price? I saw a brief reference to this. If so, I would do a massage on a port day; I'd just book it in early a.m. and then get off the ship.

Thanks in advance

Archived