Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Does anyone know any secrets we should know for our upcoming cruise? 8 adults and 8 kids traveling spring break.:p

What kind of secrets are you wanting? Bring an extra hairdryer for each room along with a extension cord or a power plug. a hanging toiletry bag helps also. Is this what you want, I'll send you more. Also walkie talkies would probably be a good idea also to give to the boys to keep in touch with. You can also rent them on board.

What kind of secrets are you wanting? Bring an extra hairdryer for each room along with a extension cord or a power plug. a hanging toiletry bag helps also. Is this what you want, I'll send you more. Also walkie talkies would probably be a good idea also to give to the boys to keep in touch with. You can also rent them on board.

Oh thats good, I didn't think of a toiletry bag.

Money Saving...Time Saving...Headache Saving Type Tips

I am just curious, Is anyone bring there kids with them on the Conquest Feb 10-17, 2008 ? I know with it being Valentines week there will be alot of couples. My girls (11 & 13) and I will be going, this will be their first cruise I am so excited for them. Guess I am just hoping they will run into kids their age.

Thanks alot,

Kay

Kay, our kids aren't the same age, but we are bringing our 2 little ones (2 and 5)

Steve: We were in 1062, Panorama deck....balcony cabin, and LOVED it! People were constantly telling us how much more motion we would notice, I'm still waiting and the cruise was 10 months ago! Other than a suite it was the best cabin we've ever had. I'm considering changing our 8A guarantee to 8E, for our next cruise, if a comprable cabin is still available...eventhough I know it will be a much more costly situation.

It's also a very quiet level.

Thank you so much for the info!

Anyone stay in an aft stateroom on the Main deck? Looks like that's where we'll be if our guarantee assignment sticks. I posted this question last week as a new thread, but it got buried already, so I thought I'd come straight to the knowledgeable Conquest thread!! :D

What's the trick to getting a cabin number for guarantee assignment? I sail in 17 days and it still says TBA on my booking.

What's the trick to getting a cabin number for guarantee assignment? I sail in 17 days and it still says TBA on my booking.

I don't know that there's much of a trick to it...ours just showed up last week. I did hear the later you get it the better the chance for an upgrade...not sure if that's true or not. Good luck to you!!

Cold stuff for room for room service.

Others

Citrus Segments - Fresh Melon - Banana - Smoked Salmon

Cereals

Raisin BranCruncheroosRice KrispiesAll Bran Corn FlakesFruit LoopsFrosted FlakesCorn Pops Cocoa KrispiesMini-WheatsLow Fat GranolaSpecial K Breakfast Breads

DanishToast WhiteToast Wheat MuffinCroissantBagel Yogurt

Strawberry - Raspberry - Plain - Peach

Hot and Cold Beverages

Orange Juice - Grapefruit Juice - Tomato Juice - Apple Juice

Freshly Brewed Coffee, Regular or Decaffeinated

Hot Tea, Regular of Decaffeinated

Milk - Skim Milk - Chocolate Milk - Hot Chocolate

Dining Room:

Fruit

Grapefruit Half Banana Melon in Season Orange and Grapefruit Sections Baked Apples Stewed Prunes Chilled Juices

Orange Grapefruit Pineapple Apple Tomato Prune Cereals

Frosted Flakes Special K Raisin Bran Rice Krispies Corn Flakes Fruit Loops Cheerios Lucky Charms Cinnamon Toast Crunch Hot Cream of Wheat Hot Oatmeal Hominy Grits All Cerals are Served with Milk Yogurt

Plain, Strawberry, or Peach

Breakfast Entrees

Smoked Salmon with Cream Cheese and Toasted Bagel

Eggs Benedict

Poached Eggs on Toasted English Muffins with Canadian Bacon and Hollandaise Sauce

Omelettes

Light and Fluffy, Prepared Plain, with Ham, Cheese or a Combination

Boiled, Fried, Scrambled, or Poached Eggs

Low Cholesterol Egg Substitute Available on Request

Buttermilk Pancakes or Belgian Waffles

Available with Stewed Bananas, Strawberries or Blueberries, Syrup, Honey or Cream

French Toast with Cinnamon Sugar

On the Side

Corned-Beef Hash Sliced Ham Hickory-Smoked Sliced Bacon Hash-Browned Potatoes Pork Link Sausage Chicken Sausage Turkey Bacon Guava, Strawberry, or Grape Jelly

Orange Marmalade, Honey

Diet Jellies Served on Request

From the Bakery

Danish, Croissants, Muffins,

Plain and Raisin English Muffins, Bagels,

White, Whole Wheat, or Rye Toast

Beverages

Iced, Hot and Herbal Teas

Milk, Skimmed Milk, Chocolate Milk

Freshly Brewed Regular or Decaffeinated Coffee

Hot Chocolate

We are leaving next week and were wondering if we bought one of those throw away cell phones from Wal-Mart would they work on the ship? I know there is a $2.49/min charge to use the ship's satellite system. Could someone let me know or explain how this works? We do not currently own a cell phone. Thanks!

We are leaving next week and were wondering if we bought one of those throw away cell phones from Wal-Mart would they work on the ship? I know there is a $2.49/min charge to use the ship's satellite system. Could someone let me know or explain how this works? We do not currently own a cell phone. Thanks!

I own a tracfone and an iphone. When I was in Alaska, my tracfone worked and my brothers fancy cell phone with all the bells and whistles did NOT work . Also, I was on the Grand Princess a few years ago out of Galveston when it listed..and my neighbor needed to call home, and her cell phone would NOT work on the ship,so she used my tracfone! Im taking my iphone on our cruise next week,but Im also bringing along my tracfone. Ive been very pleased with this little tracphone! Dot

Ivroberts...On the question of getting to Hobby by 1:00. If that's when your flight leaves remember you need to be there at least an hour before. We easily made it home to northwest Houston (about 45 min. north of Hobby) by noon, but we also had no traffic issues to deal with. They've been working on I-45 on one of the bridges leaving Galveston and if this road is closed you won't make it. I'd book the later flight and relax. :)

I own a tracfone and an iphone. When I was in Alaska, my tracfone worked and my brothers fancy cell phone with all the bells and whistles did NOT work . Also, I was on the Grand Princess a few years ago out of Galveston when it listed..and my neighbor needed to call home, and her cell phone would NOT work on the ship,so she used my tracfone! Im taking my iphone on our cruise next week,but Im also bringing along my tracfone. Ive been very pleased with this little tracphone! Dot

Thanks Dot, is a "tracphone" the cell phone I'm talking about? I'm not cell phone savy.....:o