Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Another Stewart fan here!!

The best thing I can tell you about Jamaica is to have a plan. I traveled w/ my two kids and we went to Sunset Beach and were never hassled. It is a really nice place.

Where is Sunset Beach? I didn't see it listed as an excursion. We decided to go to Dunn's River Falls and a beach in Ocho Rios, as the last time I was in Jamaica (some 40 years ago!) I thought the falls were spectacular! Still--would like to know about Sunset Beach. Thanks. Elena;)

Can anyone who's been on the Conquest's eastern itinerary tell me if the ship stays on central time or changes to eastern time?

A recent thread on ship's time made me realize that I may have to re-think our excursion plans.

Thanks.

-peabody304

Can anyone who's been on the Conquest's eastern itinerary tell me if the ship stays on central time or changes to eastern time?

A recent thread on ship's time made me realize that I may have to re-think our excursion plans.

Thanks.

-peabody304

Clocks are set forward one hour on Monday night, (before arriving in Key West) Clocks are set back one hour on Thursday night after leaving Nassau.

You can view Capers for this itinerary here courtesy of Clerk Patsy.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570224118RkHcaD

Where is Sunset Beach? I didn't see it listed as an excursion. We decided to go to Dunn's River Falls and a beach in Ocho Rios, as the last time I was in Jamaica (some 40 years ago!) I thought the falls were spectacular! Still--would like to know about Sunset Beach. Thanks. Elena;)

Sunset Beach is in MO and you take a taxi and go on your own. It is not sponsored by Carnival. We went last year with kids 8 and 2 and had a great time. It is AI. $80 for adults I think. If you are a drinker the price is really good. No reservations are needed. Water slides, paddle boats, alot of fun for a family. Good luck.

We are considering taking the Conquest for Key West, etc. in November. It's the week BEFORE Thanksgiving week. How likely is this cruise will have lots of kids and teens? We've pretty much sailed NCL since 2001. Hated our last Carnival cruise which was, admittedly, over 25 years ago. Thanks.

We are considering taking the Conquest for Key West, etc. in November. It's the week BEFORE Thanksgiving week. How likely is this cruise will have lots of kids and teens? We've pretty much sailed NCL since 2001. Hated our last Carnival cruise which was, admittedly, over 25 years ago. Thanks.

I think that you will enjoy Key West. We love walking down Duval Street.

Hated your last Carnival Cruise 25 years ago? We hated our 1st 18 months ago. But we loved our last one 3 weeks ago! Try again and have a great time!

We are cruising Conquest the week of Thanksgiving. Our roll coll includes lots of kids and teens. I am assuming that you likely will not see too many school-age kiddos. Many of the school districts in Texas have the entire week of Thanksgiving off. So, they are more apt to book that week. Are you worried about having to sail with too many children?

We will be on the last cruise NOT to get to go to Cozumel !! May 31st cruise !!!! Can't wait !!!!!!:) Then I will be on it again June 14th cruise to key west and the bahamas !! Yea !!!!!!:)

bmwmama--My DH and I will be at the Pizza area bar at 2:00 on Sunday! Can't wait! See you there! goodtimescruisers!!!!

We are booked on the Conquest in Nov. Can anyone tell me about cabin #8276? Does anyone have copies of recent capers? Thanks!:D

We are booked in the same cabin on August 9th and I've heard from a previous occupant that it's really nice. They have a website with pictures, but I don't have the direct link. The gentleman is a member of CC and his username is TexasPepper, so if you go through the member list, you can find his profile and get the link to the website with his review of the conquest. I think his cruise was in February of this year.

Hello fellow Conquest Lovers!!! We booked cabin 2220 - twin/king, 1 upper & sofa. Cabin has 2 port holes but was priced as an inside. Can anyone tell me anything good or bad about 2220 or 2221?? I didn't find anything when I tried the search feature.

Thanks!

MicksMom

We are booked on the Conquest. We have family considering booking also, their kids would be 17 months & 3 1/2 when we cruise. Anyone have any pros & cons regarding taking small kids on the Conquest?

I am currently reading up on the Family Cruising board for info. Our DD was 17 years old on our first cruise so I really never paid attention to the posts regarding kids.

Thanks,

MicksMom

Our cruise is not till Sept :( Be sure and fill us in when you return!:D

We will be on your sail date also! This is our first 7 day cruise & we got a balcony, very aft on Empress...anyone have any info on those balconys or pictures? Supposed to be larger than the balcony's on the side. I can't wait!!

My wife and I are considering the Conquest cruise from Galveston that departs Dec. 27 to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary (Dec. 29)--do they do anything special for you on your anniversary and what will they do for New Year's Eve? Will I need a tux or will suit and tie be good enough?

My wife and I are considering the Conquest cruise from Galveston that departs Dec. 27 to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary (Dec. 29)--do they do anything special for you on your anniversary and what will they do for New Year's Eve? Will I need a tux or will suit and tie be good enough?

Welcome texasnewecruiser,

Sorry I can't answer your question regarding New Year's Eve but I know someone here will. You can order a special occasion cake for your anniversary.

We will be boarding the Conquest the day you get off. Congratulations on 30 years! Our daughter will be 20 on December 29.

MicksMom

Sunset Beach is in MO and you take a taxi and go on your own. It is not sponsored by Carnival. We went last year with kids 8 and 2 and had a great time. It is AI. $80 for adults I think. If you are a drinker the price is really good. No reservations are needed. Water slides, paddle boats, alot of fun for a family. Good luck.

We just sailed the Conquest on May 31st thru June 7th and we went to Sunset Beach. It is wonderful. Just tell one of the JUTA (red license plate) taxi drivers that you want to go there. It is a very short ride and the fare was like $15 for five of us one way. If you tell the nice folks at the front gate of the resort that you are Carnival passengers they will give you the day pass rate for $60 per adult and $30 per child. It is all you can drink....be it alcoholic or not....all you can eat buffet (and it was huge) and there is also a grill...and a wonderful waterpark, plus you can use any of the non-motorized equipment free too....paddle boats, snorkeling, kayaks and such. There is also a basketball goal and a little mini golf course too. No complaints here, it was great.

947312506_Cruise5-31-09093.jpg.0f9ff79f0f07abcc71246c49981b769f.jpg

863486592_Cruise5-31-09089.jpg.1dfb77a49488d5c61a053f281f612281.jpg

We just sailed the Conquest on May 31st thru June 7th and we went to Sunset Beach. It is wonderful. Just tell one of the JUTA (red license plate) taxi drivers that you want to go there. It is a very short ride and the fare was like $15 for five of us one way. If you tell the nice folks at the front gate of the resort that you are Carnival passengers they will give you the day pass rate for $60 per adult and $30 per child. It is all you can drink....be it alcoholic or not....all you can eat buffet (and it was huge) and there is also a grill...and a wonderful waterpark' date=' plus you can use any of the non-motorized equipment free too....paddle boats, snorkeling, kayaks and such. There is also a basketball goal and a little mini golf course too. No complaints here, it was great.[/color']

Did you have to have a reservation or did you just walk in? We're wanting to spend the day at Sunset Beach during our cruise next month.

Has anyone ever used walkie talkies on the Conquest? Will the signal carry thru the metal of the ship.

I saw they for sale on the Ecstasy and wonder how they'd work.

When my wife and I cruised on the Conquest my mother was on an RCC ship behind us on the same itinerary. Not only did the walkie talkies work on board the Conquest but we could talk to my mother on her ship when we were docked. We used the Cobra models where you could switch to a private channel. They are very popular on board and if you find someone on your channel you could make a modification so that you were on a clear channel. They also have a cool page function.

When my wife and I cruised on the Conquest my mother was on an RCC ship behind us on the same itinerary. Not only did the walkie talkies work on board the Conquest but we could talk to my mother on her ship when we were docked. We used the Cobra models where you could switch to a private channel. They are very popular on board and if you find someone on your channel you could make a modification so that you were on a clear channel. They also have a cool page function.

Would you mind telling me which Cobra models you have? What is the range of the ones you have? What is the cool page function? Sorry to bombard you with questions, but I want to make sure that we get some that will actually work on the Conquest.