Best place to buy liquor in the Caribbean?

dividedsky319

as when I get down to the Caribbean I stock up a few year worth of rum and spirits which are cases what you should care about is how much the airline or cruise ship will allow you to take on the ship and yes you have to pay duty on it but that not much as loast time I cruised i brought back 2 cases of rum and pay less then 6 in duty fees which made it still a hell of a lot cheaper then buying locally

St. Thomas is the best place to buy.

On another note, anyone know if limoncello is less expensive in the Caribbean than in the States? I brought some back from Sorrento and really enjoy it...so want to buy it down there if we can!

Rum is the cheapest on the islands just like vodka is cheapest in eastern Europe

the internal liquors tend to be cheeper in the islands also as US duty is a small price that added to the price in the USA as on top of duty in the USA we got ATF taxes sin taxes and transportation cost ware house cost and retail cost that are much lower or non existant in the islands

Unless we were driving to the port, it s just too much trouble to check a box of liquor. That used to be a fun score coming back from the Caribbean, Christmas cheer and then some! So you actually check those 6 pack boxes, and they get to your destination? Up until about 12 years ago we could carry on that stuff! Those were the good old days!

First, Rams is no longer in business. It was a great store. In the last year I found better prices in Grand Cayman and Dominica than the Saints but usually STM is a bit cheaper than STT. I don't worry about the customs allowance as they have never stopped me for the last 4 years but I put it all on my form incl. where I bought it and how many (not specific brands or types. Also there are some super buys at the outlet store in San Juan downstairs with buy 2 get one free. Some of the shops in STT also have multiple buy discounts with free liquor, try Riise or Dynasty. I have noticed prices rising a lot in the last 2 years especially MT. Gay as they have new owners, also Cruzan.Anything you buy in San Juan is not subject to df allowance so buy all you can carry.

I found Dewars 12 in GC at a super price and bought 4 and then showed the receipt to the on board shop and they matched price so I bought 4 more.