Prides of Aloha/Hawaii: Suite Selection Question

Anomaly

My fiancee & I are looking at the NCL Hawaii cruises for our honeymoon the 1st week of June. Because the America & Aloha don't have mini-suites and their penthouse suites are slightly more, I'm fairly certain we're going to book on the Hawaii, although I'd prefer leaving on the weekend (less vacation days used).

Question - is an AE penthouse suite (aft on deck 9) worth $400/pp more than an AF mini-suite (deck 11 - midship)?

Our only other cruise was the Carnival to the Mexican Riveria where we had a Cat 11 mini-suite. And this will be our first trip to Hawaii (you'd think after living in L.A. for 11 years I'd have made it over before).

Thanks.

As is my nature, I got too impatient and obsessive, spent several hours when I should have been working reading thoughts on butlers, etc., and decided to book. Went for the AE on PoH. There were only 3 of them left, 2 of which were handicapped rooms (which I understand are less furnished and don't have a tub). Only AAA had the 3rd cabin showing, so I grabbed it.

Now I hope someone will tell me I did the right thing :D

I think AE (or AD) is a great choice for a honeymoon. The perks are great, there's a big jump over a minisuite.

Since you asked though, take a second look at the AE on the Pride of America.

The AE on this ship is just fantastic. The Balcony is huge, 185 square feet. That's bigger than a standard cabin! It's also three times the size of the AE balcony on the Pride of Hawaii.

The balcony is big enough for lounge chairs, and big enough for a dining table for 4, where you can have the butler bring your breakfasts out every morning. Can you imagine eating your breakfast on the balcony every morning in hawaii? You'd have a hard time adjusting back to regular life.

I don't know what the price difference is on Pride of America, but something to consider.

My fiancee & I are looking at the NCL Hawaii cruises for our honeymoon the 1st week of June. Because the America & Aloha don't have mini-suites and their penthouse suites are slightly more, I'm fairly certain we're going to book on the Hawaii, although I'd prefer leaving on the weekend (less vacation days used).

Question - is an AE penthouse suite (aft on deck 9) worth $400/pp more than an AF mini-suite (deck 11 - midship)?

Our only other cruise was the Carnival to the Mexican Riveria where we had a Cat 11 mini-suite. And this will be our first trip to Hawaii (you'd think after living in L.A. for 11 years I'd have made it over before).

Thanks.

We had an aft mini-suite on deck 9, POH and absolutely loved it. You had the best view of the lava when they rotate the ship. It has an espresso machine, mini-fridge, comfortable bedding, etc. I was thrilled!! I haven't seen the mid-ship mini-suites, but we had no problems at all being aft. Definitely no wind problems.

We had an aft mini-suite on deck 9, POH and absolutely loved it. You had the best view of the lava when they rotate the ship. It has an espresso machine, mini-fridge, comfortable bedding, etc. I was thrilled!! I haven't seen the mid-ship mini-suites, but we had no problems at all being aft. Definitely no wind problems.

Hate to quibble, but PoH doesn't have any mini-suites (AF and AG) on deck 9; they're all on deck 11.

The only suites aft on deck 9 are AE Penthouse suites, which have the butler, concierge, and other suite perks. (Whereas the AF/AGs have access to the concierge, but not on a priority basis, no butler, and none of the other full-suite perks.)

beachchick

BC - I saw in another thread that you either had an OS or Villa on PoH. Was wondering whether you had met any pax in the (like AC - AD - AE) and heard what kind of service they got? I took the plunge on the AE and am just hoping it was a good decision. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
BC - I saw in another thread that you either had an OS or Villa on PoH. Was wondering whether you had met any pax in the (like AC - AD - AE) and heard what kind of service they got? I took the plunge on the AE and am just hoping it was a good decision. Thanks

Hi there. Sorry, I missed seeing your post. We were lucky enough to upsell to an A4, so we didn't have the bottles of liquor that the AA, A2, and Garden Villas have, but we had every other perk possible.

I am writing a review of our cruise in several parts. They've all been combined into one thread. Later tonight, I'll be posting a part about suite perks for AE and above. (I'll be doing a separate one about the courtyard and perks specific to the villas.) I do not know the exact perks that come with the AE, AD, AC, and AB, but I can tell you that we certainly never saw any unhappy suite pax. From what we heard, all suite pax AE and above were treated very well and had excellent service. I am certain that you made a good decision. We turned down an upsell from AF to AE at one point because it wasn't that important to us, but had it been our honeymoon, we would have snapped it up immediately. Believe me, it will make your honeymoon that much more special. You'll be treated like VIPs from the moment you check in and are greeted by your butler or concierge until the morning you force yourselves to disembark at the end of the cruise. The butlers and concierge on PoH are fantastic.

Hop on over to my review some time for more details. Bottom line, you made the right choice.:D

beachchick

Archived