POA - balcony size/side of ship

rmhawley

We are planning a cruise in Hawaii in September and are looking to book a balcony cabin. Anyone out there with suggestions about what side of ship is best for the cruise around the islands (is one side predominantly facing the islands and the other side facing the ocean?

Do the balconys vary in size? Are they covered/uncovered? Is there a website to find out this information?

Thank you for your help!

I would get one on the port side. We were on the Pride of America 10/05. The Lava flows on the big island were spectacular - the captain turned the ship around so that both sides of the ship got a great view. The trip down the Na Pali coast was a one time thing, all passing by on the port side.

A fabulous cruise - I would do it again in a heartbeat!!

Coming in to Hilo 1st day Starboard had a great view of the coast. Loved sitting there in the early morning drinking coffee and watching the coast go by. While in port didn't matter. Port in Maui I thought Starboard had a great view of the mountains, city, and bay. Watched some races in the bay there where each boat had about 8 rowers.

Kona - Port faces the coast, starboard out to sea.

Kauai - I thought starboard had the best view of the bay and mountains.

Lava viewing either side. Best is up on deck as the ship turns with port last.

Napali Coast - port side. Although had resevations in the Italian Restaurant with a window seat to watch as the ship did the Napali coast.

I think I got the above right. Was on the POA June 10th.

My suggestion would be the starboard side.... We had port side and I got tire of waking up looking out the balconey and seeing industrial rigs coming in and out of port all the time. Lava flows are at approx. 915pm on Sunday and the captain swings the ship around for both sides to see. Then for the Na Pali Coast line I suggest making reservation at one of the port side restaurants or just be up on one of the decks by 5pm on Friday

For information on cabin and balcony sizes you can try this link

https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/stateroom_detail.cfm?Cat=AF&Num=10592&SC=PRIDE%20AMER

(I'm assuming that by POA you mean Pride of America).

Just click on the link then change the cabin number (currently 10592) to any cabin you might be interested in.

Hope this helps.

Archived