Jewel questions

Fargo2

I found the wine list posted earlier. Does the Jewel offer a house wine, or by the glass also?

Are irons available to use? Or do you bring your own, or a steamer?

This will be our first cruise, and the information on this board has been so helpful - thank you all.

you can buy wine by the glass. they have several reds and whites to choose from. my recollection is that they were anywhere from $5.50 to $11 or $12 on the high end. i had the valley of the moon syrah at a couple of my dinners. it was very nice.

also, there are irons available in the laundrette rooms on each floor. although, since it is freestyle, a little wrinkleage will probably seem fine to you by day 2 or 3.

Fargo

Be advised, if you buy a bottle of wine at dinner, and dont finish it, the staff will seal it for you and send it to storage, and give you a claim check. The next night at dinner, just present the claim check to your waiter (at any restaurant) and they will retrieve it. This makes it much more economical to purchase a bottle vice a glass.

I found the wine list posted earlier. Does the Jewel offer a house wine, or by the glass also?

Are irons available to use? Or do you bring your own, or a steamer?

This will be our first cruise, and the information on this board has been so helpful - thank you all.

We just got off the Jewel last week, awesome cruise.

There is a laundry room on every floor as stated, just be careful and check out the iron carefully. I ruined a pair of my pants with one. Even though it appeared to have different settings, the only one was super mega high. After that I just sent the laundry out to be pressed, it was far cheaper for the rest to get pressed than replacing one pair of pants.

The previous tip on buying a bottle was a good one. I did that as my wife is not a wine drinker and I am. Much better price, some of their glass prices were too high.

Fargo

Be advised, if you buy a bottle of wine at dinner, and dont finish it, the staff will seal it for you and send it to storage, and give you a claim check. The next night at dinner, just present the claim check to your waiter (at any restaurant) and they will retrieve it. This makes it much more economical to purchase a bottle vice a glass.

You can also bring the bottle back to your cabin if you don't finish it.

Archived