Dune Buggy excursion pictures

snorkelman

Hi Abb4k, That is a great question. My dh and I went on the excursion about 3 years ago. He wants to go again but this time we are taking our two kids. I really did not want to drive but I think that the buggies only allow 2 per car. Not sure if the back seat has proper safety belts. I would love to find out if anyobe has ever had more than two in a car. I guess I can drive if I have too but driving on the opposite side of the road makes me nervous.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to follow the leader. You drive on the roads, dirt trails, walk up to somewhat of a hill to see the views. When we stopped at the salt pits you were given the option to drive through the water or stay off to the side. My husband really wanted to do it so we did and got soaked. I think there were between 8-10 of us in the line up. We were toward the back but didn't feel like we were being slowed down. I think they moved a more cautious driver behind us during the trip. I am still trying to decide if I want to drive the buggy when we go this time.

Has anyone ever seen 4 people in a dune buggy? Maybe there is not enough power with the weight of 4 people in a buggy.

Our dune buggy was for 4. We only had my husband and myself in it, but there was a back seat with two full sized seats with seat belts. All the other buggys were for 2 people only. I would book it and then go and talk to the excursion desk once on board and cancelle if need be. My information is dated as we did this excursion in 9/2007.

We enjoyed this very much, but most of the thrill was from the drivers point of view. Being a passenger was enjoyable, but not the same. Keep in mind you would be paying the same amount. Personally if I had my kids I would opt for a cheap beach/pool day as this was pricey and I wouldn't want to add on extra. There was a guy with his 7 year old as his passenger and he was just fine, I just think it would be costly.

I just got back from GT and we rented the golf carts from Nathans.For 80 bucks US you get a cart for 4 people.It has a roof for shade.We drove around GT for 4 hours and had a blast.You are on your own and can go anywhere you want.The people wave to you as you go by.As the cars come up to you they honk to warn you they are behind you.

The carts are in fine shape.All we had to do was put 5 bucks of gas in it when we were done.They have 3 gas stations and the gas jockeys know what to do.We drove around to all the sites in town including the downtown,govenors beach,lighthouse,old jail and clock etc.I would do this private excursion in a heartbeat again.The people are so polite and you CANNOT get lost on this island. The people wave to you as you go by.If we had any questions we would stop and the locals would tell us where to go or how to get back to a certain place.

You can find the link to nathans email address on this thread.just look up mathans golf carts. I am not sure why people would wan to spend 150 to 200 bucks for a 2 hour tour in a dune buggy when they can get a golf cart for 4 for 80 bucks for the day.

I just got back from GT and we rented the golf carts from Nathans.For 80 bucks US you get a cart for 4 people.It has a roof for shade.We drove around GT for 4 hours and had a blast.You are on your own and can go anywhere you want.The people wave to you as you go by.As the cars come up to you they honk to warn you they are behind you.

The carts are in fine shape.All we had to do was put 5 bucks of gas in it when we were done.They have 3 gas stations and the gas jockeys know what to do.We drove around to all the sites in town including the downtown,govenors beach,lighthouse,old jail and clock etc.I would do this private excursion in a heartbeat again.The people are so polite and you CANNOT get lost on this island. The people wave to you as you go by.If we had any questions we would stop and the locals would tell us where to go or how to get back to a certain place.

You can find the link to nathans email address on this thread.just look up mathans golf carts. I am not sure why people would wan to spend 150 to 200 bucks for a 2 hour tour in a dune buggy when they can get a golf cart for 4 for 80 bucks for the day.

So funny that you suggested this. I have been looking into the cart idea because of the flexibility and the price would be so much cheaper than the buggies. Trying to get my dh on board. He seemd a bit more interested when I told him that the carts could drive in the sand too. Thanks for the input.

Our dune buggy was for 4. We only had my husband and myself in it, but there was a back seat with two full sized seats with seat belts. All the other buggys were for 2 people only. I would book it and then go and talk to the excursion desk once on board and cancelle if need be. My information is dated as we did this excursion in 9/2007.

We enjoyed this very much, but most of the thrill was from the drivers point of view. Being a passenger was enjoyable, but not the same. Keep in mind you would be paying the same amount. Personally if I had my kids I would opt for a cheap beach/pool day as this was pricey and I wouldn't want to add on extra. There was a guy with his 7 year old as his passenger and he was just fine, I just think it would be costly.

Thanks CMM. I had thought that I had seen one dunebuggy for 4. It looks like when you book it through the ship you pay per buggy for 2 people. If I could get everyone (4) in one buggy it might be worth it.

Thanks CMM. I had thought that I had seen one dunebuggy for 4. It looks like when you book it through the ship you pay per buggy for 2 people. If I could get everyone (4) in one buggy it might be worth it.

I am pretty sure you would be paying for 4 people regardless of if you were all in one buggy. I would think this would amount to over $400?!?

While we did not regret doing this as we enjoyed ourselves, it is not high adventure off roading, but more like follow the leader.

Maybe the golf cart option would meet a families needs and fit a budget better?

I am pretty sure you would be paying for 4 people regardless of if you were all in one buggy. I would think this would amount to over $400?!?

While we did not regret doing this as we enjoyed ourselves, it is not high adventure off roading, but more like follow the leader.

Maybe the golf cart option would meet a families needs and fit a budget better?

I am thinking the same thing.

I don't think the dune buggys hold 4 people.I think they only hold 2.You can youtube it as there are some videos on the there.Just put in dune buggys grand turk.I would do the golf carts instead.Better value and your on your own.

I think most of the buggies do only hold 4 but there is one cart that has a back seat with 2 seat belts. I think we will do the cary instead. already really splurged in St. thomas with our excursion, need to save a few bucks. Now I need to find a nice map with roads and beaches llisted on it. Is the lighthouse open or not?

• 1 year later...

Archived