Glory Riviera Deck Question

CML13

Hi, Everyone

I have never cruised before, and am getting ready to book a cruise on the Glory for 8/11/07. We want oceanview, and I'm trying to save some money, so we're looking at the Riviera Deck 1. Does anybody have any experience with this deck? If we stay mid-ship, will we hear engine noises from below? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi, All

A first-time cruiser needs advice. We are cruising on the Glory 8/11/07, and are looking at booking a mid-ship room on the Riviera deck. Will we hear engine noises and noise from below on this deck? Any info and opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

I always book the Riveiera deck, mid ship. You will not feel as much motion on the Riviera deck and you are closer when it is time to get off the ship in ports. The only downside is that you will have to take the stairs or elevators alot to get to the main decks where the action is. That is not a problem for me. Also if you stay on the Riviera deck the only thing directly above you are passenger staterooms. On other decks you run the risk of the disco or other clubs or restaurants above you. I could afford higher decks but choose the Riviera for the above reasons. Also, alot of people think that they will be under water on the Riviera but you won't be. The crew cabins are below you. You cannot go wrong! Good Luck!

We were on the Glory in 2005 and had two adjoining midship cabins on the Riviera deck. We had no problems. My sister's cabin was in the back on the Riviera deck and there was a lot of vibrations when I walked down the hall to her cabin, but she said it wasn't too bad inside the cabin. We enjoyed the Glory. Hope you do too!

We were on the Glory in 2005 and had two adjoining midship cabins on the Riviera deck. We had no problems. My sister's cabin was in the back on the Riviera deck and there was a lot of vibrations when I walked down the hall to her cabin, but she said it wasn't too bad inside the cabin. We enjoyed the Glory. Hope you do too!

Archived